Day Over

"Here lies Hadley Levi Wallace, a beautiful soul who was taken too soon." The reverend spoke softly, his eyes were full of sympathy and sadness.

On the leaflet that was handed out, there was a lovely picture of Hadley and her parents when she was young, as well as a more recent photo, with her boyfriend Jace.

Her stepmother was in tears, although she was cruel, she loved her with all her heart.

Jace, on the other hand was silent, his eyes looked emotionless and almost as though part of him had died too. He had to stand up there, and speak to everyone he'd met only recently.

"Hadley was a beautiful woman, she was only just 19." Jace paused, wiping away the stray tear that had slipped down his cheek.

"Although I had only been dating her for less than three weeks, we spent every waking moment together." He added, crunching up the papers in his hands.

"She was my first love, and she will always have a large section of my heart. Now she's gone, the tattoo I got in her name will always be apart of me. Forever and always, my Cinderella will live forever."

Jace sat down, crumpling up the piece of paper that had the speech on. His hands had made the paper frail due to them being clammy and without thinking, he took off his suit jacket.

Each of his forearms were tattooed with two quotes which Hadley had said, during their time together. They were the words "even miracles take a little time" and the phrase "live like there is no midnight" which we're both tattooed on in cursive writing with two orange roses at the end.

The ceremony was over within an hour, and Jace's final words he whispered to Hadley were "have courage and be kind".

The words themselves however, had no significance, nor meaning, but it was the only five words he'd live by religiously until his own departure.

Started; 15 / 01 / 17
Finished; 14 / 02 / 17
Posted: 16 / 02 / 17

February = Coming Soon.