31 ; 章節

"just be sure to notice the collateral beauty."

yoongi reached for the popcorn, jumping slightly and pulling his hand away when he touched something soft and smooth, something that definitely wasn't the texture of popcorn. turning to his right, he saw that the object he had touched was actually jimin's hand. each giving the other an awkward yet understanding smile, yoongi let jimin grab his handful of popcorn before reaching in to take his own.

was it just him, or was the popcorn particularly good today?

---

"yoongi, wake up! the movie's ended."

he blinked, the familiar feeling of wanting to close his eyes again and never wake up confirming his suspicions that he had indeed fallen asleep.

"sorry, how long have i slept?" he apologized, stifling a yawn.

"i'm not sure, but i know you've missed at least half of the movie. let's go," jimin smiled, standing up.

"mhm."

"will we be able to take a taxi at 3 in the morning?" jimin asked, his teeth chattering hard enough to let yoongi hear it through his words.

"probably not, but it's only a five minute walk from here to my house," yoongi fought back a shiver, the cold wind already biting his cheeks.

"oh. well, lead the way!"

"gladly."

---

"the lock's being faulty again," yoongi frowned when the lock denied access for the third time, despite him double checking the numbers before pressing enter.

"what do we do?"

"even though the lock's faulty, the default password never changes," he smiled in victory as the lock clicked open after he pressed the number zero four times.

"you should really get that fixed," jimin said, looking behind his shoulder once they stepped inside the cozy warmth of yoongi's home.

"why bother? nobody knows."

"if you say so," jimin said as he switched on the lights.

"welcome to my humble abode, i guess," yoongi said with a smile.

"your house is nice," jimin complimented. suddenly, his nose scrunched up, eyes squeezing tightly shut and covering his mouth as he yawned.

"are you tired? let's go to my bedroom," yoongi suggested. once he realized what he had said, the words were already dissipating in the air, ringing in his ears. "no, what i meant to say was-"

"i get what you mean," jimin laughed.

yoongi led his guest up the spiral staircase of his home, walking into his room at the very end of the hallway.

"you can sleep on the bed. i'll just put a spare mattress on the floor," he offered, but jimin shook his head vigorously.

"i can't possibly let you do that. you can sleep on the bed too, i wouldn't mind," jimin rubbed his neck shyly, hoping that yoongi wouldn't take it the wrong way. he was a bit surprised at the suggestion, but accepted it regardless.

"do you want to take a bath first? it's the second door down the hallway."

jimin nodded, grabbing a pair of clean clothes and walking out of the room.

hopping on the bed, yoongi laid his head against the pillow, scrolling through he and jimin's late night conversations. before he knew it, jimin was already walking back into the room with a towel on his head.

"yoongi, where's the hairdryer?"

"it's on the cabinet over there," he pointed to a cabinet behind jimin.

"thanks," he flashed him a sweet smile, putting down the towel.

yoongi got up, preparing to take a shower. the loud whirring of the hairdryer could be heard as he closed the bathroom door.