34 ; 章節

"sir! sir, are you okay?"

a blinding light shone from above as jimin opened his eyes, only to squint them again. he attempted to sit up, but every part of his body felt like it was on fire. he flopped back down weakly, pushing back the urge to throw up.

"don't try to get up. it would be bad, considering what just happened."

he tried to recall what the person was talking about, but he couldn't. it felt like someone had just plucked a part of his memory out and erased yesterday's events, not even leaving the slightest trace.

"what happened? where am i? who are you?" he asked before he could stop himself.

"your friend said that you were hit by a car just outside his shop. luckily, he saw you and was able to call an ambulance in time. there aren't any concerning injuries, but it's best you stay in the hospital for a while to check for brain damage."

"where's yoon-" he blurted suddenly, only to be confused by his own words. who was he calling for? he didn't know anyone who's name included a yoon.

"sorry?" from his blinding white coat, jimin guessed that the person was one of the doctors.

"nothing," jimin was too weak to even shake his head.

"i'll be off for now. your friend wants to see you."

"thank you," jimin mumbles, voice barely above a whisper. he lifted his head up just a bit from his pillow.

"don't thank me. thank your friend," the doctor offered a comforting smile. from what jimin could see when he walked out, his name tag read kim seokjin. another person walked in, and he smiled when he saw a familiar face.

"hey, taehyung."

"hi jimin, are you alright? what happened?" taehyung sat next to him on the bed, eyes full of concern.

"i'm fine. i don't even remember what happened last night."

"at least you're feeling okay," he patted jimin's head, laughing when he tried to swat his hand away. "thank god you were in the right place at the right time. who knows what could have happened if nobody was there to save you?"

"yeah, who knows.. thank you, taehyung. you saved my life, i don't know how i could ever repay you."

"what are you talking about? we're friends, it's not like i would leave you to bleed out and die on the street," he looked at him like he was delirious.

"you're right. i would have done the same for you, without a doubt," jimin smiled.

"i'm flattered," taehyung flashed him a grin. jimin was a bit taken aback when he suddenly stood up, dusting off his legs.

"well, i think i should go now! it's almost past visiting hours. you get some rest, alright?" even though he masked it well, taehyung's eyes were still filled with worry nonetheless.

"yeah, i will. thanks again, tae," jimin thanked his friend for the umpteenth time that night, waving as he walked out the door.

as soon as he was out of sight, he dropped his facade and immediately slumped down, feeling a headache starting to surface. he sighed. just who was he about to ask for, and why did he seem so important?

out of the corner of his eye, he saw his bag lying on the bedside table next to me. maybe something inside could give him some disclosure.

he heard a yawn come from somewhere, and with a quiet laugh, he realized it had came from himself. judging by how tired he was, whatever was in his bag, clue or not, would have to wait until tomorrow morning. for now, sleep was number one on his priority list.