Let You Know [11]

"Say something."

            He didn't know what to say. Where to start and if she'd take him seriously or not. She and his father had never taken him seriously.

           He cradled the cup in his hands, welcoming the warmth and watched as his mother drank her own. His mother, thought it would be better for her to start.

            "This might sound crazy but I know how you're feeling."

            Dean wanted to jump up from his seat and shout at her. For being so insensitive towards him and for saying she understood what he was feeling because she didn't.

            She didn't go through what he was going through and she couldn't play the empathetic card on him. But he didn't get up and protest he waited to hear what she would say next.

            "I know that you feel like everything that had happened to you and more importantly, Lucky that night was all your fault and I know that that is the core for you not wanting to let her go."

             "Mom, you don't understand..."

              Tears ,that he didn't know formed, trailed down his cheeks. Whenever someone brought up that night it was like a pulling on his wounds. The ones that just began to heal.

              He thought his mother didn't understand but it seemed that she did and he wanted to know how.