08 - ariella

A R I E L L A

For such a big place, it's surprisingly quiet with Brea and I the only ones here.

We'd been working on the English assignment for almost twenty minutes, well, Brea had been. I for some reason, was too distracted to do much.

I sigh and force my eyes back to the paper infront of me just as the door opens and King walks in, his footsteps almost stopping at the sight of me even tho he knew I would be here.

I offer him a small smile but say nothing, looking at the words on the paper as if they make any sense at all.

"Ariella." My name is a whisper between us, before King clears his throat. "Welcome, have you both eaten?"

I look up, brow furrowing at the hospitality.

King had hardly talked to me the past week, though I caught him staring plenty of times.

It was unnerving to have those eyes on me, it felt as if a predator was staring out.

Jax would say I'm paranoid but I'm not so sure.

Is Jake my head, and push up from the floor, my hand resting on the wooden coffee table but I don't know what happens, I slip, my hand crashing to the ground before smarting with pain.

Footsteps rush towards me but I pay them no mind, looking at the slice on my palm from the edge of the table.

I curl my fist up.

"Fuck." Kings voice is almost guttural, the same growling noise I'd heard only the other day leaving his lips, "Are you okay?"

I shake my head before realising he asked me a question and then I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine."

He reaches for my hand but I flinch it out of his reach, curling it behind me.

His head snaps up to mine, eyes narrowing on me and I narrow mine back.

"You're bleeding."

"No, I'm not."

"I can smell it." He hisses.

My brow raises at the words he used.

No I saw it, I can smell it.

The cut wasn't that deep to warrant such a reaction.

My fingers stay curled tightly together behind my back and he scoffs, "Just let me look at it."

"Oh for gods sake," I new voice enters the little bubble wed somehow formed, shoving at Kings shoulders.

I look to Adelaide as she kneels informs of me.

"Go get a wet wash cloth or something." She tells king, flicking her chin towards the kitchen.

He grumbles but does as she says, his powerful body folding up from the floor in one swift move, long legs eating up the distance to the kitchen in seconds.

A throat clears and I pull my attention back to Adelaide, finding her eyebrows raised as she watches me watching him.

I don't blush and instead open my mouth, "you know I'm fine."