Victoria's Secret

"Next

"Next." The sales lady called, my best friend Tessa grabbed my wrist pulling towards the cashier. She set down a whole pile of lingerie on the counter. I groaned we were inside Victoria's Secret at the mall. She had insisted we go buy new lingerie for the trip we would be taking tomorrow down to Hawaii. It was Tessa's older sister's wedding. I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting, Tessa slides her card paying for both of us.

We walk out the store sighing in relief this was our last shopping trip at least for a while. "Were going to my house to pack all of our stuff, you should stay over since the flight is early in the morning tomorrow." Tessa said as she drived.

"Sure that sounds great but all my stuff is back at my place so you don't mind if we drop by there first--" she cut me off with one of those grins that I know means she's already one whole step ahead of the game.

"Lilac," She raised an eyebrow, "I thought you knew me better than that." she pouted her lips and I raised both my eyebrows. "I got Tarver... to bring all your stuff over at my place. You know so we can sort it out together." She beamed. Oh... I also forgot to mention a tiny thing my older brother Tarver is getting married to Tessa's older sister Ana. I'm so excited me and Tessa are going to be sisters in law!

We reached the arched driveway, and ahead of us loomed the humongous mansion that was Tessa's home. Tessa's dad owned this huge company of chain hotels all over the country. My family you could say is also rich but not to the point where billions come into the picture.

We entered the house immediately spotting the two lovebirds. They were very close to making out, I scrunched my nose...eww. They are in the middle of the main entrance hallway visible to anyone's view. I'm about to make a snarky comment but Tessa beats me to it. "Can you stop it, aren't you guys supposed to be saving yourselves for after the wedding" Tessa gives them a teasing look.

I give them a smug look. "Like they haven't done anything interesting."

Ana is beat red while my brother just smirks "Go on lil sis you and your bratty Bff go get ready for tomorrow, you guys plan to get the boys might not work if you go looking like that." He winked as he stared at our appearances I was wearing some joggers and a black crop top. My hair was up in a wrong done ponytail, my face with zero makeup. You could say the same about Tessa.

"Who did you just call a brat." Tessa pointed her finger towards Tarver.

"hmm... I don't remember," he tapped his chin as if he were thinking. "Wait I remember now... you." Ana smacked his arm playfully.

"Don't call my sister that, you definitely do not want to be dumped a day before the wedding." she teased.

We walked off climbing the staircase two steps at a time. I turned around to give my brother a withering glare "Jerk." I called out and he rolled his eyes. From the corner of my eye I see Tessa stick her tongue out at him. I grin.

Were in Tessa's room it's been two hours since we started packing and were still not done, her room looks like hurricane Katrina happened to pass by. Tessa when it comes to packing... it can be painfully long but here's the thing she makes a whole checklist crossing things off. The only thing good about this is she never forgets anything.

It was around 10pm when we finished packing, and we both threw ourselves under the soft velvety covers of her king sized bed. "Lil?" Tessa whispered, the room was dark.

"Hmm.." I responded.

"You know I have a feeling your not going to follow my advice about relaxing and having some fun this week were gonna be at Hawaii." She said almost darkly.

Dammit... she is going to make me enjoy this no matter how. "Tessie... I'm scared. Of getting hurt...again. I-uh-I can't do it--"

"Don't be. I'm always here you know. I have your back. And I know it's time for you to move on and enjoy life a bit more. And if anyone hurts you. Well you know what to expect from me, I will go screaming like a crazy bitch at them, making their asshole selves  feel like going to die in a whole. A whole filled with leeches." We giggle.

None of us say anything after that, falling into a comfortable silence. I fell Tessa's breathing grow even and deep, fast asleep. I bite down on my lip, holding in the tears. Soon I drift to sleep tangled next to my best friend, hoping that she will be enough to keep the monsters from climbing out of my nightmares.