240) Mate Chase

Mate Chase by Chuggs3y

Welcome to the biannual Mate Chase. Where 18+ year old, unmated werewolves are dropped off on werewolf land, filled with trees and caves, that is ten square miles in size. Where the females run and wait to be found, and the males chase their female mate and claim her. Where for twenty four hours Evangeline is going to run from her mate. Or so she thinks.

"Stop! Evangeline what are you doing?! Go to our mate. He's going to think we don't want him. Not to mention, you're making his wolf sad. Please Evangeline! We need him," my wolf whines. I know that if I stop he will catch me immediately and I'm afraid of that thought. So, I just push myself faster, but I'm getting tired and my legs are starting to shake even worse.

I can't go on like this much longer, so I allow myself to slow momentarily to look around for a hiding place, and that's when I hear it. Footsteps.

The scent of hazelnut and chocolate overcome my senses becoming stronger by the second. I know who it is instantly and it halts me in my tracks.

"Mate," I breath out on a whisper. More coughs wrack my body and I wince with each one. When they stop, I stand stock still. The presence of my Mate hangs thick in the air. The footsteps die down and a low growl replaces them. I don't move, keeping my back to my mate.

Strong arms wrap around my waist and pull me against a hard, warm body. I hold back my wince at the effect the impact has on my tender ribs. He leans his head down to my neck and inhales my scent my deeply. "MINE," a deep, masculine voice states.

My last thought before the darkness claims me is, "Oh shit."

R [Restriced] 18+