DANGEROUS HOPE

Ooooooooooh!

Being wrapped up In Kale's strong arms made me feel completely and utterly safe, warm and protected. It made me feel happy like the joy you'd experience if you won the lottery. It made me feel wanted like being picked first for a schoolyard sports team and it made me feel hopeful because maybe, just maybe he could be my second chance at life.

But hope is a dangerous thing and it was selfish of me to see Kale has my chance of redemption because he wasn't mine, he wasn't destined for me and I knew that The Goddess had someone very special install for him.

I turn in his tender embrace so the tips of our noses touch lightly. He looks so serene and beautiful that if I took a photo any gallery would be proud to display it on their walls. His forehead was screwed up into a soft frown, I reached forward to smooth out the wrinkles with the pad of my thumb before leaning over to leave a butterfly kiss on the exact place between his eyebrows.

I cant stop myself from peppering small kisses across his face. One on his left eyebrow, the next on his closed eyelid, his cheek and then the tip of his nose. I linger over his lips, I can feel his even breaths on my lips enticing me forward. I obviously have no self control over self-serving desires because I let go completely and connect our lips ever so lightly as if not to wake him.

I sigh and lean back to scan his face. I jolt backwards once my eyes connect with his open ones, "Hi" I whisper in embarrassment, he caught me red handed! "Hi" He whispers back with a small smirk playing at his lips, his words thick with sleep.

What he does next shocks me and probably even the termites who reside in the wood that surrounds us would be profoundly shocked if they knew our situation.

He grabs my face with two hands and crashes his lips to mine, I'm frozen but within a couple of seconds I melt into the kiss, like butter in a heated pan. He pries my lips apart with his tongue, I give in straight away. His hands leave my face to find my waist, he picks me up with ease and places me in a straddling position on his lap. His hands slip under my shirt whilst mine find their way into his raven locks, I tug lighting causing a soft groan to spill my his lips. 

What the FUCK am I doing?!?

I abruptly break the kiss and scramble of his lap to stand in the dark corner with my back facing him and my hands cradling my flushed cheeks. How did I let this happen!? How could I be so fucking selfish!? I let out a long drawn out breath whilst shaking my head to clear my mind.

I feel him stand behind me, his bare chest is pressed against my back sending delicious tingles down my spine. My skin flushes pink as he pushes the sleeve of my plain cotton shirt down and starts to leave delicate kisses across my shoulder and neck. I bite my lip to prevent a moan from escaping its cage.

His arms wind around my waist as he starts to nibble on my ear and the space below. "India... What's wrong?" He mumbles into my neck causing a stampede of goosebumps to run down my arms. This makes we slightly angry because he knows why I cut our romantic reverie short but he stupidly decides to ignore it.