Second Opinion

Everyone was settled down at a tiny table. Each of your friends held a hand of cards, and the rest of the deck was settled neatly in the middle. A few beads of sweat rolled down your neck. The intensity of the atmosphere was increased by the warmth of boiling soup wafting from the kitchen. It smelled faintly of garlic.

Sakura broke the atmosphere with a giggle, and set down her cards. Hinata quickly followed. "So, let's get down to business," she said, giving you a teasing smirk. "I want to know everything that happened. Don't leave out any details!"

The two girls eyed you with anticipation, one gaze more drilling than the other. Where would you start? You tried your best to recollect the previous week, "Okay, so, it all started the day after your birthday," you looked at your pink-haired friend, "when I was on my way to work. I bumped into this man on the street-" you were interrupted. "Was he handsome?" Sakura questioned. After a moment, she apologized for interrupting, a faint blush appearing on her face. Hinata laughed quietly at her expression, and motioned for you to continue.

"As I was saying, I met a man. You could say that he was attractive," you winked at Sakura, who stuck her tongue out at you childishly. "I bumped into him and my purse fell. Apparently, I had lost my wallet, because later that evening he brought it up to my apartment for me."

This time, it was Hinata's turn to ask a question. "How did he know where you live?" Her expression was worried.

You took a moment to recall his explanation, "He said that my address was on my license." The girls seemed to accept that, and you moved on with the story, explaining what happened up until the point where you recieved his number. There were few interruptions, as the information was probably taking a chance to settle into their minds.

Your phone buzzed, breaking the silence. Speak of the devil...

Everyone's attention was brought to your phone. "Who's that?" Hinata asked, genuinely curious. You gulped. "It's Sasuke."

Hinata's eyes went wide, well Sakura flashed a shit-eating grin. She glanced at the message preview on your home screen. "Why don't you invite him over so we can judge his character for ourselves? He seems like he wants to see you." Hinata nodded in agreement with the other girl's suggestion.

After a bit of arguing about how it was friends night, and how you wouldn't even know what to say to him, your friends' persistence drove you to message him back.

I just have a few people over. You can come if you want. You hit send. After a few seconds you added, We have soup. Now, all you had to do was wait for a response.

A minute or so later, your phone buzzed again. You peeked at the screen in anticipation, hoping that it was a reply. You held your breath, and opened the message.

Sure, be there soon.

(A/N): As always, if you have any feedback, or see any errors, tell me.