Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It had been almost a month since I had seen my father. I think he purposely left me here. Maybe he didn’t want me anymore? I didn’t bother me though. I was learning how to deal with my life if this was gonna be it. And I would much rather stay with my kind and caring Grandmother rather than my abusive father.

My Grandmother was always worried for me. She saw the scars I had on me. But I would shrug off the questions and tell her I got in a lot of fights. I was planning to tell her, tell her about being raped and being gay. But I wouldn’t tell her about my father, she wasn’t ready for that. She already hated him enough, I didn’t want to add and fuel to that raging flame.

My cousin’s would visit often. They were all older though, but only by a few years. Conner would also visit every other weekend, telling about how hard the classes were, but that he had a really good friend to get him through. I was happy for him, really. And I loved him, but everything would change soon enough.

I knew it was coming, but I didn’t expect it to hit as hard as it did.

“Jesse?” He questioned, entering my room slowly.

I put down the baseball I was tossing in the air and turned to him. “What’s up?” I questioned.

“I have something to ask you.”

“Okay, shoot.”

“Do you…” he said licking his lips. “Do you know anybody named Rob?”

Fear struck me with that name. Rob. Ouch it hurt. I shot him a glare and sat up sharply. “What’s it to ya?” I scowled.

“Well there’s this guy named Rob, I really like him, and he helps me study and stuff. And he was telling me about a kid he knew named Jesse. The way he described you sounded like you. Except for the part where he kinda hates you.”

I glared and stood up stalking over to him. He was atleast 6 inches taller than me, but I was more menacing at the moment. “Let me let this easy on you Conner. I don’t want you around him.” I snapped.

I expected him to back up, but instead he just cocked his head. Curious bastard. “Why?”

I sighed, trying to let off some steam. Come on now Jesse, you saw this coming. “Because….” I was going to tell him… tell him everything.

“Rob use to be my only friend. You see, I was bullied and my father abuses me. He was the only person there for me. But one day… He just snapped. Maybe I was too annoying or something. But In the end… I think our relationship was just pity after I got raped.” I sighed letting out a deep breath.

He stared at me in shock. I thought maybe it was the whole, me having a relationship with Rob, but then I remember I had just told him basically my whole life.”You…. what now?!”

“Yeah… I told you. I’ve been raped I’ve been abused by my only family, I’ve been betrayed, I’ve been bullied. But the one thing I gained out of all that hurt was independence. Something I’ve needed for years. And now you know… so please just leave.” I opened the door for him, but he just stared at it.

“Jesse….” He said turning his head to me.

“Please just leave…” I said tears welling up in my eyes. I didn’t want him to see… see me cry.

My vision was starting blur. Tears started to coat my face. Why was I crying?

Conner picked me up bridal style, and placed me on the bed, and sat with me. Hugging me. “Jesse… I’m so so sorry! Maybe if I told Rob about this he wouldn’t-“

“He already knows.” I broke him off.

He just stared at me in shock. I thought it was also funny. To think someone who has known you most of your life, knows what you’ve been through can treat you the way he treated me. Maybe he didn’t care anymore. I started to laugh softly, but then it hit the turn for laughing hysterically.

I was on my stomach laughing as hard as I could, tears not stopping for even a moment.

“Uhm Jesse?”

I didn’t stop laughing. Why did it hurt so much?

“Haha that stupid bitch! I love him!” I shouted. A big grin across my face.

“You what?”

I covered my hand over my mouth and laughed. “Oops! Looks like I accidently told you!”

“You’re crazy!” he said, laughing and getting up to leave.

He closed the door softly. I was crazy. Who could blame me though? I’ve been through traumatic experiences and I’m fine, or am I?

I sighed and rolled over, looking up at the skylight above my bed. It was raining. Small drops pattering down on the window. I smiled. I loved Rob…

Me and Conner were closer than ever after that. HAHA, I got you guys who thought we would have a flaming hatred!  We would talk a lot, and eventually I forgot about tall of the world. I would get lost in talking to him. I could tell him anything…

But you know, Rich has to come along and take a swing to things!

I was sitting alone in my room, before my grandma was knocking at my door.

“YESSSS?” I questioned.

“There’s a young man here for you!”

Hmm, I don’t think I know any other-…. Rich. “Let him in!”

She opened the door softly and closed it. And then I was staring up at my seemingly taller look alike.

“How’d you find me?” I questioned.

“Jesse, there’s something important I really need to tell you…”