Chapter 9

AN- Comment and vote, enjoy :)

Chapter 9

The sun was just peeking over the horizon. It was truly beautiful. The clouds looked like big pink wads of fluffy cotton candy; the sky was painted a bright luminous orange, and the stars just barley shown in the delicate sky. I took all of it in.

It was probably about 5 in the morning before I heard the call for the flight to land soon. I knew below it would most likely be raining, dreary and cloudy, cause you know, its London am I right? Or I may just be perpetuating stereotypes. But I guess I’m just assuming.

My stomach started stirring when we started too descend. I was worried I might lose my luggage, or somebody might rob me. Even worse I might get lost as a whole.

Suddenly the butterflies in my stomach turned into a big nest of angry wasps. I wasn’t excited for the right reasons anymore. What if I don’t make any friends? What if they all hate me?

No worries, home is just a phone calls away…

But what chilled me more was the thought of getting close to someone. What if I grew emotions for someone? What if I grew too affectionate and that someone hurts me like Rob did?

Only time would tell…

It couldn’t be all bad right? All I have to do if forget about home…

Yeah, I can forget about Rich, Rob and Conner, and most of all, my father. I’ve finally gotten away from him…

We started landing, and I had to grab onto my stomach to feel any better.  Even though I rode in first class, the smell of peanuts was everywhere. Filling up my nose, and not making anything any better.

Finding my luggage was no picnic. But I sufficed. And then all that was left to do was find the dude who was suppose to take me to the school.

Gram said she called ahead and they would have a person send me from the school to pick me up. She enrolled me with her last name, so I was looking for a sign that said Grey on it.

After an hour of searching, I failed. There was no sign with the name on it, not even one with my real name.

I sighed and slumped down in a chair, when a strange kid came up to me. He looked a bit older, probably 16. He had semi short curly brown hair. But what swooned me about him were his green eyes. The way they mixed with his hair was just… amazing. All his features blended in with his flawless, creamy pale skin. But it wasn’t too pale. Just the right color for him.

“Hey kid are you alright?” He had a slight accent, assuming he’s Irish.

“Hellooo?”

“Oh sorry…” I snapped out of the trance his looks sucked me in.

“Why are you so down?”

“Oh just… lost I guess…”

“Hmm really?”

“Yeah, can’t find the guy whose suppose to take me where ever I go…”

“Well, where ya headed?”

Haha, he thinks I’m just gonna tell him were I’m from? Honey I’ve got street smarts let me tell ya…. Okay maybe not… But still. “None yer business…”

“Alright then. Hmm I like your accent you sound like you’re from…?”

“Narnia.”

“Alright come on now tell me one thing about yourself. Atleast a name.”

I glared at him. “My name’s Jesse.”

“Haha, alright then, Mines Tucker, Tucker Lynch.” He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

He had a smile stretched across his face, and it made me want to fall to my knees. I took its slowly, and when he seemed okay I decided to be a little more open with him.

“So I’m assuming you from America?”

“Yeah.”

“You look like you need a night out on the town.” He smiled.

“I do?”

“Oh yeah, you look like you’ve never seen a good day of your life!”

I giggled, that was really true.

“What’s so funny?”

“N-nothing!”

“Haha, you’re weird.”

“N-no I’m not!”

“Yeah, you are.” He grinned.

“In what way?”

“Well you’re very closed in about yourself, and shy.”

“What, no! I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“I can be wide open when I want to be.”

“Okay then let’s see it.” He gave me a sly smirk. What a wonderful smile this boy has.

“Alright then, take me out on the town.”

“Haha, are you sure?”

“Totally.”

“Okay, but I warn you, I’m quite a monster.”

“You’re a what?”

“Haha, a monster on the dance floor.”

“Oh really? We lets go out and see that Irish river dance you got.” I smirked.

“Oh so you can tell I’m Irish?”

“Oh yeah, I know all your secrets, and the fact that you loooove cabbages and potatoes.”

“Well, you like big greasy hamburgers with some fries and a soda.”

“Touché.” I winked.

I picked up my duffle bag, and suddenly I wasn’t scared any more. I felt comfortable around Tucker. I had even forgotten about the school I was suppose to go too. OH well, I’ll get there later. I’ve got 2 days until school actually starts for me.

He took me to a cad and got in. I asked him where I was to but my stuff and he started asking questions.

“Well are you looking for a hotel?”

“Y-yeah.” I lied, I was supposed to go straight to the school, but this couldn’t hurt.

“What are you doing in London anyways?”

“I um…” I thought for a second. “Sight seeing?” I don’t really know why I didn’t tell him, I guess I was just trying to be cautious.

He took me into a yellow cab, and that’s when my new life began.