4.) helping hand

"Please Don't Go," by Joel Adams

*******************************************

The next morning Ella did not want to leave her bed. Last night she barely got any sleep. With everything that happened, she wasn't sure she'd ever sleep the same. Every moment of yesterday repeated in her head, especially the ones at the animal clinic.

"Woah, I never agreed to this." Ella said. What did they expect? That she would just willingly accept the help of someone she just met? They had to be crazy.

"If you don't learn how to use your power, you're dangerous." Derek said.

"What do you mean she's dangerous?" Scott questioned.

"Her eyes, they glow just like yours. The natural color is a green. But her eyes don't follow that same rule. They can also change to a different color, black. When they turn black it is from pure hatred and anger. They become reckless, and uncaring. They can and will destroy anything in their way. They say it's almost impossible to get them back to normal. If this ones eye turn black, she'll be uncontrollable and extremely dangerous."

Snapping out from her memories, she didn't hear her step-sister leave. It meant Ella would have to walk to school. That made Ella feel worried, and unsafe. It was only yesterday when she was almost eaten. Looking at the injury, Ella traced her fingers around the white patch. Deaton was able to help her with it. He said it would heal, slower than werewolf healing, but faster than ordinary humans.

While walking to school, Ella was still trying to process everything about herself. A warlock, rarer than witches. How could she possibly be something so rare. Where did she even get this 'gene,' from? She never met her mother, and her father passed away three years ago. She took a guess and thought she might have got it from her mother. And if she did, did her father know? Question, after question Ella never got answers. No one could tell her anything. No one knew anything.

***

School was the absolute last place Ella wanted to be. She didn't want to run into anybody, especially Scott and Stiles. They are the only ones who know about her, and she wanted nothing to do with them. But unfortunately, luck was not on her side. Instantly she spotted the two of them, and they spotted her. Making their way towards her, Ella quickly needed to get away. Spotting Mason a couple feet away, Ella's quickly rushed to him. When he saw her and smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, how was volunteer work yesterday?" He asked. Looking around she couldn't see either Scott or Stiles, which made her relax.

"Uh, it was good. I really enjoyed it." She lied.

How could she possibly tell him that a
supernatural creature tried to eat her, and then found out she can do magic. No one can say that without looking crazy.

Feeling someone brush by her, made Ella jump. Looking, she found Liam panting beside. Quickly, she moved to the other side of Mason.

"Hey Liam how come you didn't take the bus." Questioned Mason.

"I, uh ran." He responded.

"Three miles?" Mason questioned.

Liam nodded, still trying to gather his breath. His eyes landed on Ella, which stopped his breathing completely.

"I have to go. I'll, uh see to later." Ella quickly said.

Waking away into the school in a hurry, Ella felt an arm grab her and pull her into the boys locker room. Turning, she found it to be Scott.

"Ella we need your help." He said.

"Look Scott, I'm not like you. You may be okay with what you are, but I'm not." She said.

"Please, its for Liam. The bite took." He said.

Ella could see the worry in his eyes. It was pure sorrow, like if he just ruined Liam's life.

"I don't think there's much I can do." She said.

"My friends and I, we have a plan. Liam doesn't know what the bite means. The full moon is tonight, he hasn't learned control." He said.

"Fine. What do I do." She agreed.

He motioned to her to follow him. Hesitating, she quickly rushed behind him. Following out into the parking near the buses, she saw a group of juniors.

"How are we gonna get him to Lydia's lake house?" A brown haired girl asked.

"With her." Scott said, pointing to Ella. Everyone's eyes landing on Ella. She gave a nervous wave, and glanced at Scott.

"Who's this, and how is she gonna help us?" Someone questioned.

"This is Ella's Ella that's Malia, Lydia, Kira, and you know Stiles." Scott began, "and she knows Liam. We can use her to get him at the lake house."

"Okay but what is she. She's not a werewolf, I would smell it." Malia said.

Ella nervously bit the inside of her cheek as Stiles talked.

"She's a warlock." Stiles said.

All of their eyes widened.

"You mean she can do magic?" Lydia questioned. Stile simply nodded, as Malia observed her.

"How do you know?" She questioned.

"Derek told us. He saw by her aura." Scott said.

Hearing this again made Ella feel scared of herself again.

"Aura, you mean like me?" Kira asked. Scott shook his head.

"No. Yours is a fox, with her, it's like she's glowing. Malia look for your self." He said.

Malia concentrated before her eyes turned a cold blue. Her expression changed as her eyes squinted.

"There something surrounding her that's for sure." She said as her eyes turned back to normal.

"Okay so what's the plan?" Ella asked.

"You are going to force him to go to a party with you." Malia said. Ella snapped her head towards her.

"Me? I-I can't do that. I was there when he was bitten, and he looks at me weirdly now. How do you expect him to agree to go to a party with me?" Ella questioned.

The wind was picking up along with her heartbeat. Ella wasn't the outgoing type, and just talking to people made her nervous.

"Relax. Your not going to force him. Your going to ask him to talk to you about the other night. Say that you know some people that can help." Stiles said.

Ella took a deep breath and nodded slowly. The wind slowly went back to normal. Everyone stared at her. Ella tried to hide her face with her hair. She knew it was her that caused the wind to pick up, and they knew it too.

"So will you do it?" Scott asked. Eyes glued on her, Ella nodded.

"I'll do it."