5.) loud voices

"That's My Girl," by Fifth Harmony

*******************************************

Walking down the hall with Kira by her side, Ella searched for Liam. Her palms were sweaty, and her stomach was churning. She thought this was a terrible idea. If Liam was sane, he wouldn't agree to go with her.

Turning the corner, Ella saw Liam at his locker. Putting his things away, he didn't seem to notice the two girls staring at him.

"Kira, I can't do this." Ella said, turning to face her.

"Ella, relax. It's not that hard." Kira reassured her.

"Kira, I don't talk to people. I only have one friend, one! I have no idea how you expect me to ask someone to a so called party." Ella responded.

Kira look behind the Ella, and bit her lip.

"Well you kind of gonna have to." Kira said.

Confused, Ella turned the other way, before her head collided into someone else's.

"Sorry." Ella mumbled. Rubbing her head, Ella found the person to be Liam.

"No, it my fault. Should have tapped on your shoulder first." He said, "do you think we could talk?"

Ella nodded, and looked back Kira, who was giving her a thumbs up. Walking into an empty classroom, Liam closed the door behind them.

"You wanted to talk." Ella said quietly.
Her heart was racing, and her hands were fidgety.

"Yeah, I wanna talk about the other night." he began, "I don't know what happened, but now Scott McCall will not stop bugging me."

"You and me both." She mumbled.
"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you." He said. "Maybe he just wants to talk with you." She said.

Liam shrugged. Ella wanted to get out of this situation fast. Her heart seemed to calm, but knots were still in her stomach. It was now or never.

"I know, but I don't reall-."

"Do you want to go to a party tonight?" She blurted. Taken aback from her, Liam didn't know what to say.

"I heard Lydia Martin was having a party at her lake house tonight. So I thought it would be a good idea. Everyone's going." She said.

"Uh, I um, sure I guess. But-" He said.

"Great my friend Kira can drive us. We'll talk later." She said.

Quickly, Ella rushed out of the classroom. Meeting Kira around the corner, Ella let out a sigh of relief.

"How did it go?" Kira asked.

"It went," Ella began, "it definitely went."

***

The car ride was horrible. The awkward silence made Ella want to rip her own hair out. Kira was in the front seat driving while both Ella and Liam were in the back seat. Ella didn't dare sneak a glance at Liam, but she could feel his eyes burning through her.