Concert story.

(This took place on January 29th of 2017.)

Okay. I love concerts.
They're my bread and butter and a place where I genuinely feel like a part of a family and community.
It's fun and I love every second of it but for some reason, this experience ticked me off.
I've been to the Filmore before more than once.
I saw Marilyn Manson there and went to this thing called "Emo Night" with one of my closest friends where the DJ from Yellow card played some songs for us.

So, I saw Falling In Reverse on the 29th. I was there more for Motionless In White than anything and while that was amazing, there were a couple things that sucked about this concert.

Person: *in the distance* "Motionless's set was cut too short?!"
No- well, yes. They played a lot of songs and I wanted it to last forever. But, the audience is what I'm talking about.

Taller people.
Okay, clearly they can't help how tall they are. they're fine everywhere else but at a concert? It's like there's a million other places to stand but nope! Right in front of shorter people. That's cool. It's not like the people behind you want to see the show or anything. Yeah, no. I wanted to peak around the sides of your body and glare at the back of your head because hey! Why not?? 
-_- ....
Okay, I'll admit, I'm 5'7" I'm taller than the average height for a woman [5'5"]  but if someone shorter than me asked me to move, you better sure as fuck believe I will!
They paid good money to see the show.
I know the question being bumbled around your mind: "if you had such an issue with this guy standing in front of you, why didn't you just move?"
I could have moved myself but I didn't want to be selfish and spoil another person's fun by not only being an asshole but we were P A C K E D   I N.
There was no going back now.

But of course, let's move on to the me-first-mentality.
Let me start off by saying It is exactly how it sounds. It's the thing people do when they want a certain thing and fucking now. [aka Narcissism.] not after you tie your loose shoelace because you're afraid you'll fall into the next oblivion and break your face.
They want that shit right here, right now, and by god they are going to have it.
Standing behind the tall mountain peak of a man, glaring passive aggressively so hard that I was hoping my eyes would shoot lasers, there was a glimmer of hope. A space where I could see the stage opened up and no one was  occupying it.
I stepped out from the literal shadow this man was casting and I watched Danger kids perform.
Unfortunately, somewhere after their set, I was standing somewhat next to a really attractive girl. She and I didn't know each other at all, let alone start an actual conversation besides me complimenting her Marilyn Manson symbol choker. But, from the look of it, we were waiting and eager to see our gigantic gothic Gods of music in action.
Then suddenly, in an instantaneous flash, I saw almost knocked off of my feet by another girl that decided to hurdle her body into me and the other girl standing between me and the girl I found attractive. Mind you, we're minding our own business but just like any other typical asshole, she shoves us to get a specific spot. Pushing me away and back behind the taller person.

Oh no! I wasn't standing here because I wanted this spot! I secretly wanted you to have it!

I was not having any of it.
We shoved each other until she gave up. I was starting to gain the mentality. So it is almost the middle of the concert by now. I'm Just standing there and waiting for the sweet sound of Motionless In White to caress my ears with their amazing music descended  from the heavens above. Watching the most kick ass display being put up. Already compacted against a lot of other sweaty people. Until these guys who I'm pretty sure were drunk,  decided to shove us to get somewhere in the crowd.
The bright side is that I got to a decent spot at the barrier. I really tried not to be selfish or a complete dick. I waited patiently. Y'know how they say "Good things can come to those who wait?"
It's true but also an unfinished sentence.
Good things come to those who can wait... but once you have it, don't you dare let it go.

Motionless in white is in the middle of
Their set until I was being pushed away from the spot I'd stood and waited so patiently for.
The spot that was so close to the stage I could taste the sweetness of guitar melodies and feel the bass rattle my chest, was starting to get ripped away from me by someone bullying me from that spot. I had had enough at this point.
That "me first" mentality had completely kicked in.
With all the raging mite I could muster, pushed myself into the barrier and I reached out my hand to Chris Motionless as I sang every. God. Damn. Lyric. At the top of my lungs I had trained to sing for the last 3 years were going to be honorably DESTROYED.

This was more than just a spot now. This was going to be my victory in standing up for myself and I'd done it.
I shouted those lyrics with pride. I jumped, I screamed bloody murder!
This was my god damned victory and oh my god, did it taste sweet.

Unfortunately the final song ended and I was sad. I wanted more. But unfortunately, that will have to wait until The Graveyard Shift is finished and published for all to listen. When they head line their own tour. I. Am. Fucking. Going.

Anyways, that was the story of my concert experience.