Problem #11: The Fanfiction Plot.

(Author's note: This is totally for comedic purposes. I'm not calling anyone out for this, I did the same thing on my first wattpad account. Now, I just improvise. Romance books (not the kind about adventure) are kind of difficult to write. I, myself, like to write more horror genre or tragedy stuff because it flows together nicely and allows more room for creativity. But, I don't think any of the stories that follow this kind of plot as a template are bad. As long as it makes sense but this is definitely a thematic plot that's a favorite for fanfiction authors.)

Okay, so we all know fanfictions. They're the kind of smut we read about our favorite bands or TV shows until 5 in the morning.
But the plots are generally the same whether or not they're gay.
The exposition usually goes something like this:
"I'm the new kid at my high school." Or "I'm just some normal girl/guy, whatever. Carry on my normal routine."

The rising action:
The couple meets by fate and become best friends. Or they're awe struck saying "oh my god, what does this famous person see in a normie like me?!"
They start liking each other but completely deny their feelings. If they're questioning their sexuality, apparently they have no problem with gay people but can't be gay themselves?let alone, even considered the possibility?
I mean, sexuality can be very fluid whether you're a guy, girl, or are non-binary.
Or if they're straight, they either hide their feelings for a long time but it doesn't beat around the bush as much as the plot for gay fanfiction but there are just as many emotional explosions and fireworks.

The climax:
They admit their feelings for each other after they accept "oh god. I love this person."
They get into a relationship and you think you're in the falling action, now. Getting into the resolution but oh no... No, no, no. It is quite the contrary, my friend!
Something really fucked up happens. Whether they're cheated on, get into a car accident, whatever. Something fucked up happens to break up the usual fluff or smut in between.
Either way, it is very dramatic.
It's like Dawson's Creek and Degrassi had a baby and this is what came out.
Very intense
Very explosive and almost out of nowhere and like I said Dramatic.

The falling action:
The person wakes up after having been in a coma for 6 weeks or the partner, who's rightfully upset, doesn't text back and avoids the person they love all together.
They get into a big fight or something along those lines or have a very long heart-to-heart. Whatever, something happens and everything is starting to become okay again... or not.

The resolution:
There's usually a time jump to "3 months later" or "20 billion years, 5 minutes, and 55 seconds later. They live 16 light years away in a small cottage on a mountain in an alternate universe in Montana."
They're married now and have kids or they broke up..
there's usually a happy ending or there's not. Take your pick. man.

Either way, if you write fanfictions or wrote original stuff, I do commend you.
Not many people like to do creative writing.
I've fallen off the wagon quite a bit and have to run 5 miles to catch up. But I will eventually, I'm working on a couple stories. One is called Life On Mars ifs about David Bowie and other Classic Rockstars.
I have another in the works called "Misunderstood" and is about Tiny Tim.
I'm still working on short stories about My Chemical Romance and I'm re-writing Misguided Ghosts because I didn't like where it was going.
I had a plot for that. Why didn't I use it? Oh yeah, because I like to improvise instead of actually use a framing device.
at least you guys have a plot to work from! I don't.
lol