十三

in a place filled with fears, they were looking for the man who had none.
--------

"another day, another body

"another day, another body." yoongi said as he hoisted unconscious skinny boy on his shoulders from the trunk of his car. whistling, he made his way into the forest with the tools that he needed.

the cunning man managed to knock out the younger with a handkerchief which was doused with chloroform. he hauled the struggling man towards an alley so all was good.

yoongi knew that this would happen. he had a slight inkling that the boy was smarter than he looks.

his death was inevitable.

yoongi went deep into the woods, lugging along a sleeping hoseok. he placed his small tool box on the ground and threw the younger man to the ground.

"uhhhh...." hoseok awoke with a groan.

"good morning sleeping beauty. had a nice nap?" a merry yoongi asked, rummaging through his box for his trusty sickle.

"where... where am i?" hoseok tried to get up but fell back down again. yoongi casually took his sickle, words of 'thou shall not sin' was engraved on the dark wooden handle.

"your graveyard."

the seasoned killer twirled his sickle between his fingers, giggling. upon seeing the shing weapon in his hands, hoseok felt a surge of strength, enabling him to scramble away from the older male. yoongi shook his head disappointingly as he watched him run away.

"that's not funny hoseok, i thought you might be an obedient boy. but you can't run far anyway." he frowned as he strolled towards the direction where hoseok took off.

------

dazed and disoriented, hoseok leaned against a tree. he was sure that he ran far away from the crazy murderer. maybe seokjin was right, he shouldn't have confronted him upfront. hoseok was just asking for it. lying about his real age was nothing compared to this.

he needed to do this for taehyung and....

"ooOOOOHHH, hoseok~"

"come out, come out wherever you are~" yoongi called out in a singsong voice.

hoseok froze in his place, cussing under his breath. granted that if he made it out alive, hopefully yoongi would be arrested for his crimes.

hoseok wasn't afraid of the psychotic individual. he was more determined rather than scared. he had to expose yoongi for what he had done to his victims.

"ahhh here you are!" in a spilt second, the sickle barely grazed hoseok's face, puncturing the tree. he let out a gasp, how did he stealthily creep up on him without a sound? sweat started to trickle down his forehead as yoongi circled around him.

yoongi huffed, "stop running hoseok! it's super tiring to chase you around." he tilted his head, pondering over his last answer. "hm, but i don't mind though. because it's you." he swiftly pulled the sickle out of the tree.

hoseok stared in horror as he saw the deep mark that weapon left behind on the tree.

"why do you want to kill me?" he asked, breathing heavily. the black haired male pouted, "no reason at all. maybe because you look too stunning." he tapped the handle of the sickle on his chin. he shrugged, "too stunning for me to handle."

"why did you start killing?"

"i got inspired by different artists." yoongi said simply. confused and curious, hoseok prompted him. in order to buy some time, he needed to distract the crazed man as much as possible. "different artists? like who?"

"who can create marks on the living and the dead. the dead can't speak but the marks on their bodies tell the tale. it would have an impact on the living, for them to live in fear-"

"that they know death could be tailing them. waiting for the right time to strike."

at the corner of his eye, hoseok spotted a somewhat thick tree branch. he carefully inched towards it as yoongi continued to babble on.

"specially that one artist. oh how i love his works! he's so delicate with his subjects, it's so amazing how he could make the dead s-"

hoseok's long and slender hands gripped onto the branch and swung it at the raven haired man with all of his might.

but failed.

the now furious male grabbed onto his wrist harshly, the dark and haunting glint in his eye started to change.

"nice try. too bad though."

"it's only just the beginning."

he brought down the handle of his sickle onto the younger's head. hoseok suddenly felt numb, he could feel a thick liquid pouring down from his forehead. as everything went dark, he could hear another voice. it sounded so distant yet so far. the only words that he could pick up was:

"-which will end tragically."

all of the sudden, a gunshot was sounded.

------

he drifted in and out of his unconsciousness. pounding in his head and numbness in his legs didn't help in the situation that he was in.

"are you alright?" an soft chime echoed.

hoseok could feel his head being supported by a warm and small hand. a pink haired individual who donned a somewhat crumpled white shirt which had specks of blood and black jeans, looked at him closely, "can you hear me? hoseok?" he asked in a whisper.

he didn't answer. hoseok's gaze shifted towards the side, seeing a blur of red and blue lights. yoongi, who was hysterically laughing and bleeding from the leg, was being dragged away by the uniformed men.

"WHAT A SURPRISE! WHAT A SURPRISE!"

yoongi screamed ecstatically as he was shoved into the vehicle. the boy ran his fingers through his pastel pink hair, sighing deeply.

"you're safe now. just rest." the unknown boy with plump lips assured him. his voice was so calming and soothing that lulled hoseok back into a deep sleep.

the last thing that the psychiatrist saw, was a small handgun which was lying in the dirt. next to the pink haired boy.

------
a/n: whew, it's been a long time since i wrote a long chapter :') pardon my weird english oops. + the many terrible mistakes (will fix them)
i know this may seem like a yoonseok fic but have no fear! this is a definite kth + jhs fic :D more vhope moments will come through