二十

because a psychopath is just a person before he becomes a headline.
---------

"so mr kim, why did you attack him?"

the serious inspector questioned, smoothing out a crumpled paper on the table with a pen in his delicate hands. the asylum granted them a few hours to talk with the former doctor who tried to strangle his colleague.

two days have passed since seokjin attacked namjoon. taehyung was free from the asylum and yoongi was still giving jimin hell.

besides the four walls enclosing them in the space along with a table and chairs, it was just them.

"i d-don't know. everything was a blur. one moment i was sorting out files and the next i trying to strangle him. all i felt was anger."

"i would never hurt namjoon. s-something made me...." jin stuttered, inclining his head towards the floor. with a look of disappointment, yoongi shook his head.

"it's not him."

jimin narrowed his eyes, "what do you mean by that?" the serial killer unfolded his arms which were un-cuffed. the chief inspector gave him permission though jimin tried to reason with him but to no avail.

"he's too meek, this man doesn't have a bloody clue about slicing smiles on people's faces."

"enlighten me then." he replied sarcastically. suddenly, a light brown file was slipped under the door. jimin quickly got up from his seat. he picked it up and flipped through it as he returned to his chair.

"well, kim seokjin. your blood test revealed that there are considerably large amounts of benzodiazepine in your system. i'm guessing that someone drugged you, caused you to be aggressive." he said, reading the details of the test.

"h-how?" jin asked, confused.

"told you so." yoongi cut in, blowing invisible dust off of his fingernails. jimin rolled his eyes at the narcissistic and demented guy. why was he stuck with this man again?

"okay, then who is your oh-so-admired artist?" the roseate male asked, becoming cross. suga began to chuckle, earning himself short weird glances from jin.

furrowing his eyebrows, jimin observed the once cold and calculative killer. his old image dissolved away once the detective popped that question to him. yoongi started to whistle as he stared at the white wall, smiling to himself. in return, silence was his answer.

then jimin realised.

"you're not speaking up because," he said, slowly standing up. the clever inspector wagged his finger in front of the psychopath's face.

"you already know who he is."