Chapter IV | Like a thief in the night

Renée's Point of View

I take in a sharp breath as the needle goes in. Stitch after stitch.

The doctor just shook her head. "Renée you got to stop trying to be a Robin Hood you'll get yourself killed!"

I was reluctant to say anything back to the doctor. Dr. Leslie Thompson was there for anything I did. She was my family doctor and she was my only friend. I look over at the wall to see a younger version of her with a boy.

"Doctor who is that?" I ask her. Dr. Thompson looked at the wall.

"My how long has it been since I've seen him. That boy's parents where murdered in front of his face really said fellow isn't he?"

"And what was his name?"

"Bruce Wayne I think is his name. But that's not the real matter. Renée your clothes in that basket over there and I did you a favor and repaired you little mask."

I smiled and nodded grabbing my clothes. I changed into a white jacket and some black jeans. I grabbed my "mask" and slipped out the window.

My name is Renée Parker, and I am a orphan. I heard stories of a rich orphan becoming a crime fighter and that's how my story would be if I wasn't poor.

My mother would always tell me "Oh Renée darling we are going to get the life you wanted trust us."

But I couldn't; both my mom and my dad worked all day but I didn't know they where into criminal activity until one night. My mother and father where able to buy me a movie ticket for the Mask of Zorro. I loved the movie. After we where done my parents where attacked by a rich mob boss. I was able to call the police but my parents where already dead.

"You can't press charges your parents where your parents where into that type of things." I couldn't live in any orphanage; I would steal like my parents and I was my parents. After I got out of the hospital I walked down an alley. At the end of the alley there was a girl. She had red and white hair and a superhero suit on.

"Can I help you?" I asked. She looked at me and walked closer.

"You want justice for you parents. She said. You want to be a hero?"

"Stay back I can fight!" I yelled at her.

"Shhhhhh I'm not going to hurt you." She said stopping. I turned and someone with blue hair was in my face.

"I'll hurt you! She yelled. I fell backwards into the water. The blue haired girl laughed. "Carter what the hell are you doing!"
"Sorry Darcy I just had too."

"No you didn't have to." I was confused.

"What's going on?"

"Renée we are heroes like you we want to help you let us help you."

"With what?!"

"Justice." Darcy said. Carter stuck out her hand. "Well what are you going to do?"

Renée stuck out her hand. "Let's go!"