Chapter VII | Table Manners

Sam's Point of View

I looked around and I saw someone I knew. "Renée is that you?!"

I smiled and saw my old friend. She sees me, and smiles. I hug her passionately.

"My gosh Sam," she says, "how long has it been?"

Ahi looks confused. "You two know each other?"

Renée laughs. "Samantha is my childhood friend. We went to school together we were extremely close."

Ahi still looks confused. "I have never had a long friend"ship" with anyone for long."

Renée and I exchange sad looks.

"We'll be your friends!" I say happily.

Ahi smiles.

Third Person Point of View

Alfred leads the kids down a hallway to the main area of the Wayne Manor. "And this is where we have a crossroads," he says. "Miss Reyes, Miss Lance-Queen, Miss Parker, Mister Kent, and Miss Carter, you all go down that hallway." He points to the left hall.

"Mister Valdez, Miss Kent, Mister Kent, Miss Quinzel, and Miss Roth, you all go down that hall." He points to the right hall.

"And as for Master Samantha, Master Nathan, and Master Alice you all must come with me."

"Wait a sec," Nico says. "Why do they get 'Master' titles and all we get is 'Mister' and 'Miss' titles?"

"Well for starters Nico," Sam replies, "we are the oldest in the team--"

"Not really," Espie says, smirking.

Sam doesn't skip a beat. "Another thing is that we know Alfred so well; that's also why."

Nico still looks confused. "So that doesn't mean you guys get a better title then us."

Bruce then walks into the room with another girl wearing a nightwing costume. "This is Camilla Cain she is your team advisor respect her and get ready for dinner," he says simply.

The dinner room was a pretty big area. The team was surprised that they were able to fit the giant table inside of someplace so big. As the team was brought their food, Camilla goes over the mission briefing.

"Tomorrow at dawn we are leaving to take down a gang which as information of many heroes including yourselves."

Espie looks at Camilla. "Hold up; if people like that have data on superheroes why don't a real team of superheroes take back the data?"

Camilla started to raise her voice. "Did you not just hear what I said? They also have data on you guys too. So why the hell would you waste an opportunity like this?"

Before Espie had any chance to respond Nico got in the conversation. "What Espie is trying to say is that it's not the smartest idea to raid on something we don't know anything about. Plus, if they know about us, then they know our powers and everything."

Then Skylar got into the conversation. "What did Bruce say? Respect her and why aren't we doing that?"

"Well, I say its dumb." Carter said.

"Yeah, like you would be any help. Camilla snapped back at her.

"Um... guys where are our manners no fighting at the dinner table." Aiden said.

"Aiden's right Espie. We do this mission no matter what." Camilla said.

"That's not what I mean," Aiden says quietly, "but okay, sure."

"So that means go to sleep and gear up for the morning," Camilla says.