Snakepaw 5

As Snakepaw manages to plod out of the apprentice den late in the day, the sun already a quarter of the way across the sky and clan life is in full swing.
Snakepaw lazily avoids the warriors and their apprentices returning from training and walks over to the medicine cat den before sitting next to Sunstripe, the kindest medicine cat and a friend of Snakepaw's mentor.
"Hello Snakepaw, why are you here?" Asks Sunstripe as she turns away from organising her herbs and walking towards the outside, her bright golden pelt, which she is named for, shining in the natural light. 
"I was wondering if you'd seen my mentor, Ravenwing?" Asks Snakepaw curiously as she follows Sunstripe, her light grey pelt shining and fluffy unlike Sunstripes golden sleek pelt. Sunstripe heads towards the freshkill pile before inspecting it, her peach nose only complementing her delicate frame and personality, "Sorry Snakepaw but you just missed her, she went out to watch the other apprentices train but you can help me with something while you wait if you want?"
Snakepaw nods and urges Sunstripe to go on. "Well I'm going to try to take some fresh-kill to the elder, would you like to help me?" Sunstripe asks as she smiles and takes a fresh rabbit, mouse and shrew from the pile before going to walk off. Snakepaw grabs a shrew and mouse before trying to follow and almost falling over.

They both enter the den and are greeted by Halfeye, "Sunstripe! Are you training a new apprentice?"
Sunstripe drops the rabbit, mouse and shrew infrount of Halfeye before purring and explaining, "No Halfeye. This is Snakepaw, your grand-daughter, remember?"
Snakepaw drops her shrew and mouse next to Sunstripe's and looks around. "No I can't remember." States Halfeye before picking up the rabbit. "Halfeye, where is Greystripe, Tigerheart, Nightclaw and Spottedtail?" Asks Snakepaw as she looks up at him. A toothy smile grows and he licks her head, "Good observation kit! Greystripe is lounging up on sunplace, Nightcloud and Spottedtail are sleeping in the back of the den, my guess is that Nightcloud is sleeping around Spottedtail because Spottedtail has that heat problem."
Sunstipe nods in gratatude before telling Snakepaw to go wake up Nightcloud and Spottedtail while she goes to find Greystripe because she has news, Snakepaw nods before bounding to the back of the Elders den and falling over Nightcloud. Nightcloud awakes and bolts straight into the corner and anxiously survays the area around him while Spottedtail scratches and yawns, "How you been doing Snakepaw?" He asks after he finishes.
Snakepaw gets up and flicks her tail, "Nothings really happened. Ravenwing refuses to test me or make me a warrior because she says I haven't developed enough and I'm still under six moons old, but I think I'm ready!"
Spottedtail smiles before walking over to Nightcloud and guiding him to follow Snakepaw as she leads them towards the pile of food.
"Are we all here?" Asks Sunspot as she see's Snakepaw approaching.
"I hope so! You wake me from my beauty sleep for this!" Growls Greystripe as she looks down at the rabbit she's selected.
Snakepaw shakes her head, 'Of course Greystripe chose the biggest piece of Fresh-kill.'
"What is it Sunstipe?" Asks Spottedtail before sitting down and sliding a shrew to Nightclaw before picking up a mouse.
"Are you sure we're all here? There's two pieces of fresh kill left and only one cat left." Snakepaw curiously meows.
"Umm...yes we still have to find Tigerheart, my guess is he'll come bundling through here as soon as he smells fresh mouse."
At that moment Tigerheart crashes into the Elders den and quickly grabs a mouse.
"What did I miss?" He asks as he starts munching on his mouse.
Sunstripe flicks her tail playfuly before shaking her head, "Come Snakepaw, we're going to check for Ravenwing now."

Leaving the elders den Snakepaw has to ask, "How is Tigerheart an elder? He look like a young warrior."
"He's unusually perculiar and after Greystripe and Nightcloud chose to go into the elders den he chose to as well. Although...Greystripe didn't exactly choose to go into the elders den." Sunstripe smiles as she think of before Snakepaw was born, "It took bearly the whole clan to push her into the elders den. She's suprisingly strong for an old cat."
Snakepaw nods and look towards the leaders den, the greenleaf light shining off it.
Sunstripe nudges her and points with her nose at Ravenwing who is currently happily organising hunting patrols.
"I guess there's no rest for the deputy. She should really have someone to look after her how she look after everyone else in this clan." Whispers Sunstripe saddly as she hangs her tail low and pads towards her den.