Chapter 2

*Lilys pov*

For the past two weeks I had been practising my ass off for the audition, I had planned to play 'I need a woman' by the most awesome band in the world, McFly! This one I chose because it had both tabs and chords so I could show off In front of the judges.

The audition day had finally come, I hadn't worked today so did a lot of last minute practicing. It was now 11:54 and I decided to head off. I called a cab and threw my trusty guitar in first before clambering in next to it, I told the driver where to go and he was swiftly on his way there.

A short ten minute drive later I was outside the dance studio, I tipped the driver and he drove off. Walking into the big doors ahead of me the nerves started to kick in, my palms started to become sweaty, butterflies flew about in my stomach. I opened the doors which had 'Auditions this way' on a piece of paper that was blue tacked to the door.

I walked in and there was a young girl sitting at a large desk, "Hello, I'm here for the auditions?"

"Um hi, what's your name?" She asks quietly,

"Lily Stevens"

"Okay thanks you, your number is 345. You'll be called out as soon as they're ready"

I slowly walk to the row of chairs in the corner of the room, I pin the number onto my chest and sit down with my guitar between my legs. Looking around there were all kinds of people here: Young wanna be pop stars, Odd looking goth like creatures and a couple of old people.

A man walks from behind a door and calls out a number, a little girl holding a ukulele stands up and follows him. I could hear her singing.. bless... she was terrible.

She runs back through the doors in tears, I wanted to go over to her and hug her but that would have been weird.. and slightly creepy.