Chapter 52

*Toms pov*

"Now Mr Stevens?" The nurse asks,

"No.. it's Fletcher, she wanted to keep her last name.." I lied. I was becoming impatient, all I wanted was to see her, to apologise.

"Okay.. Well before you go in, there's a couple of things we must discuss." She states motioning towards two chairs opposite a large room. I take a seat and her the one next to me.

She takes a deep breath before taking my hands in hers, I was both shocked and confused.. don't they only do this if they're dead?

"Lily.. is in a coma" She softly said tightening her grip on my hands, one small lonely tear trickles down my cheek, "and, she only just on the edge of living.."

"No.." was the only word I could say, "no no no, no no no no" I cry,

"Now Tom, before you go in; I must tell you that it's not going to be a good sight.. There's many machines keeping her alive, a cast on her right leg, she had 5 broken ribs and gashes and cuts on her whole body.."

"Is she going to be okay?" I croak,

"I don't know.. If she wakes up soon she has a better chance of survival, but the way she is now; it's not looking like she will.. Do you want to go in now?"

All I do is nod, I might loose lily forever? That can't be it.. I love her, she can't just leave.. she can't die. She's so young and beautiful, She has her whole life in front of her!

The nurse leads me into the large room, one rather small couch on one side and a bed on the other - surrounded by machines and cables coming from them, a small slow and repetitive beeping coming from the heart monitor. And lying, still and silent was lily, her skin was as white as a sheet and bright red cuts and grazes covered the whole of one of her arms.

"I'll leave you alone for a minute.." The nurse softly states before closing the door behind her.

I slowly make my way closer to the bed, stopping at the end, it was the closest I could get without crashing into one of the many machines..

"Oh lily" I whisper, the tears one again pour out of my eyes, I grasp onto the plastic bed frame to keep myself from collapsing to the floor.

I just stared and took in each part of Lilys slowly dying state, she looked so helpless..

Soon enough the nurse came back to check on the machines around lily and take some blood samples. She walks over to me, where I was sat opposite lily on the couch, and sympathetically smiles: "Do you want me to invite your friend in?" She asks, I had totally forgotten Danny was still out there,

"Please" I croak.

Danny slowly made his way through the door, first looking at me and half smiling, before having it wiped off his face as he turned to look at lily. "I tried to get to her.." He whispers,

'"I tried to get to her as fast as I could.. If I hadn't had stopped, she wouldn't be here right now.." he continues, rubbing his finger and thumb over his eyes,

"It was my fault.." I state, he turns and makes his way to sit on the cushion next to me. "I shouldn't have shouted at her.. I called her a slut! What the fuck was I thinking?!"

"Tom.. you only did that because of me.. because I kissed lily" Danny said, as he brings out his phone and twirls it in his hands,

"Why were you there?"

"She asked me to come over.. She wanted you guys to get back together.."

"Then how the hell did it end up in you kissing her?"

"I was drunk.. I wasn't thinking straight, and there was just something in my mind telling me to give it a go.." he sighs before standing up, "I'm gunna call the guys, tell them what happened"

"Dude, it's like half two in the morning, are you sure they'll be awake?"

"I don't know.. worth a try" Danny replies before walking out the door.

I once again make my way over to lily, when the nurse had come in she had moved one of the machines away slightly so now I could stand next to her. Oh how much I would give just to see her beautiful hazel eyes, her breath taking smile and to steel one of her loving kisses...

"Hey lily.." I start, pulling up a chair and gently taking her hand in mine,

"I don't know if you can hear me? Or feel my

touch? Maybe this will be one of those romantic moments you only see in movies, when I ask if you can hear me; and if you can to squeeze my hand.. So if you can hear me, move your fingers, open your eyes, give me a sign baby" I choke, I just stare at her hand placed in mine, hoping for one tiny movement.. but nothing, the tears trickle down my cheek..

"I guess that only happens in films then.. I don't know why I'm doing this, talking to myself; just praying that you'll hear me. I want to apologise for calling you a slut, and calling you a pathetic nobody, because you're far from that!

You're amazing, there's not one thing in the world I would change about you even if I could, coz you're perfect just the way you are..

And I love the way you are, I love the way to laugh in awkward situations- trying not to make them awkward-

I love your eyes, the way the glisten in the light,

I love your laugh that always brings a smile to my face,

I love your crazy ideas that pop into your head, which you have to tell me at that exact second,

I love the way you look in my clothes,

I love your morning face, the way you smile just as you wake up,

I love your crazy OCD about the phrase 'OCD' because it makes you mad that its an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- and Disorder means untidy, so instead you say OCO so it's orderly,

I love the fact you can quote Star Wars and fit it into a random conversation..

I love all the things you call your 'imperfections' because they make you even more unique and loveable then you were before..

I love you, and that will never change."