Chapter 54

*Dannys pov*

Charlotte and I went first, we slowly walked hand in hand back to Lilys room. She tightened her grip on my hand and looked up at me with her tear cloudy eyes before walking in.

Lily was in the same position as before, just with less machines and a very slow heart beep coming from the monitor..

"Hey lil.." Charlotte croaks taking a seat next to her bed,

"I know we've not been friends long, or even known each other long.. but I knew from the day I met you, we were going to be best friends. And that's what we are! What we'll always be. We're so similar in so many ways that its crazy! but not as crazy as thinking that.. when we walk out this door.. we'll never see you again, and that kills me.." Charlotte said as the tears pour down her face, she grabs my hand and pulls me closer to the bed,

"Lily.. what I would have done to save you, it was my fault you died.. if I hadn't had gone round yours, we wouldn't be in this mess. You would be at home with Tom, laughing and showing us that beautiful smile of yours that we all love so much.. This shouldn't be goodbye, this should be hello- hello to another perfect day when you're still with us.. Another day where we would cherish the moments we can now never have with you.. But, I guess this is goodbye.."

*Dougies pov*

A short while later Danny and Charlotte came out the room, him holding her close and both of them in tears. It was mine and Evies turn next.

I lead her in, me first, I sit down with Evie pulled onto my lap,

"Oh lily.. what have you gotten yourself into now" I lightly chuckle, trying to hold the tears,

"I know this ride with our little group hasn't been easy.. but we all love you, nothing will ever make us forget the amazing times we've had with you. How I wish you would stay with us for the rest of time, for us to watch you and Tom live your happy and loving lives together.."

"But I guess heaven needed you back ASAP" Evie continues, "You're like the sister I never knew I wanted, when you showed up at our little get together, back at Dannys, I knew we would get so close.. but there would never be enough time.. I just wish you could stick around longer for us.. but heaven needs its angel, and there's nothing we can do about that.. So, I guess, this is goodbye.."

*Harrys pov*

I was second to last, I walked in by myself and just stood at the end of her bed, watching her slowly dying...

"Why?" I stutter, "why you? of all the people in the world, why does it have to be fucking you!"

"This world needs you, Tom need you, I need you, we all fucking need you! I wish there was a way that I could just click my fingers, and all of this would have just been a dream. There are so many reasons why you have to stay with us lily, but there must be a good one as to why God pick you.. and.. I will never, ever, get to grips without you lily.. you mean too much to me to just forget you.. But, there's always one time in someone's life.. that you have just have to say goodbye.. and that time is now.."

*Toms pov*

Sadly, It came to be my turn.. I slowly made my way to her room once more. Tears continuously trickling down my cheeks,

"Hey babe" I state, the words only just making it out "Hang in there.. just for me.. listen to the words.. that I tell you, because even when you're up there with all the other beauties, I want you to remember us down here. All of us that love you, that care for you, that need you.. Oh what I'd give just I see you smile, hear your laugh one more time, see your perfect eyes staring lovingly back into mine" I grab hold of her hand tightly, inter-twining our fingers,

"This time last week, I was watching you sleeping, similar to how I am now.. but back at home, you cuddled up into my chest, warm breath on my neck.. And as I watched you I started thinking about our future, us getting married, having our first child together, moving out of the city! I even started looking online for houses that I'd thought you'd love - they're still saved on my laptop at home.. but I guess.. it doesn't matter anymore..

I don't want anyone else lily, I want you. I want you to be here right now, talking to me, kissing me, holding my bloody hand! Just tell me that this is all a joke! This can't be real! I can't be loosing you! I can't think of life, when you're not in it.." I collapsed my head onto the bed, besides Lilys hand which I still grasped in mine,

"I wanna go home, lie in the garden on the grass with you next to me, just looking up at the sky and watching all the stars and seeing how they all twinkle just like in your eyes.. I never want to leave your side, because I know that as soon as I leave through that door.. i'll never see your face agin.. and I can't have that.

Lily you're the only person I love, I love you so much that it hurts. I'm so sorry for the last words I ever spoke to you, you're not a slut! You're not pathetic! And you're defiantly not a nobody..

I guess I should be going..and.. that this is goodbye.. But not forever, it can't be forever! Just please God, give me a sign that you hear me, give me a second chance to let lily have a life with me! please.." I say looking up to the ceiling,

"I guess not.." I croak, moving my head up and picking Lilys hand up, I gently cup my cheek with her hand just to attempt to feel what it used to be like.. "I love you lily, but all good things must come to an end.. but why did it have to be now.. Goodbye my sweet, I love you.. and always will"

I wait, just for a second or two, taking in the beauty that was my girlfriend.. when something slowly starts to stroke my cheek. A slightly quicker beep started from the heart monitor, I look up to see Lilys eyes starting to flutter under the lids..

"I love you too..".