festival night

It was a lively festival night in kou and i had come to visit my best friend, princess kougyoku. I traveled quickly up the large steps towards the palace but my all work was in vain because just as i reached the top, an unidentified pink blob pounced on me and we both tumbled to the bottom of the steps. Luckily a certain black haired magi was feeling generous and caught both me and the blob. Judal set me down and floated off leaving me alone with the 'monster' that caused this mess. Just as i went to check out the figure, it jumped up and beamed at me.

"Kougyoku seriously?" i sighed as she giggled.

"I'm sorry but i was just so happy to see that you had actually come."

"What made you think i wouldn't come. You have to take into account that i am worse than  sinbad, especially when it comes to festivals or parties." the pinkette blushed at the mention of her crush.

"Aww would you look at that i made the 11th princess of kou blush." we both laughed at my lame joke before we were interrupted by someone obnoxiously clearing their throat. I turned around to see the stuck up himself.

"Well if it isn't the legendary dungeon capturer himself oh wait...that's my brother. I really meant Mr. i-have-a-stick-stuck-so-far-up-my-ass-that-i-can-taste-it. Also known as kouen."

"It's nice to see you as well but i really suggest you add a little more height to your stature, i can barely see you." we both shared a small laugh before i hugged the tall man and snuggled into his chest.

"I missed you."

"I missed you as well (y/n)." he said as he returned the hug.

"Where's your brother?" i asked pulling apart from him.

"Which one exactly?"

"You know, the one i have my sights set on."

"He's currently enjoying the festival along with kouha." i quickly thanked kouen before making my way to the dancing area. As i walked i couldn't help but oggle at the sights. Red of all shades were hanging from every streamer and everything was lit up. While beautiful women also dressed in red preformed on stage. 

 Then i saw the most wonderful sight in existence. There was koumei, running his hand through his hair as women in white danced around him and flirted with him. He seemed bored so i decided that i could possibly entertain him. I walked over to one of the near by shops and looked through their belly dancing outfits. Suddenly my eyes landed on a dark blue outfit that had little golden jewels adorning the skirt and bra. I payed for the lovely apparel and used my magic to create a little curtain so i could change. once i finished, i diminished the curtain and told the announcer to tell everyone to direct their attention to the stage. 

He did as told and i commanded the musicians to play a fast yet romantic song

He did as told and i commanded the musicians to play a fast yet romantic song. They did as told and i began to dance wildly. My body contorted into many unimaginable positions and i did supposedly impossible flips. As i danced, i searched through the crowd hoping to find koumei but i couldn't. I finished the dance by lightly dragging my foot across the ground in the shape of a half circle. And just as i was about to walk off stage, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards them in a dip. I subconsciously closed my eyes and held onto what i assumed to be the culprits shoulders. When i finally opened my eyes i was met with familiar rose gold eyes. I stared deeply into Koumei's eyes and even though i knew who it was, the wrong name slipped out my mouth.

"Kouen." the figure frowned before pulling me up and walking away. I awkwardly stood in the middle of the platform before rushing after the dashing redhead

"Mei! Mei! Koumei! where are you Mei?"

A sigh escaped me I didn't want to do it but that stubborn brat gave me no choice. I began to sniff the air for his scent and when i finally found it, i rushed towards it at inhuman speed. Sure enough sitting on an elegant chair next to his elder brother was Koumei with his head resting on his hand looking as bored as ever. I walked over to him and he gave me nothing but a side glance.

"Mei, i'm sorry i knew it was you, i really did it's just that the wrong name slipped out. Please forgive me."

"No, you looked me straight in the eyes and called me by my brothers name, i believe that's enough proof to tell me that you wanted it to be him and not myself." his voice was so bored and tired that all the courage i had just seconds ago, vanished. I stared at the red haired man dumbstruck. Infact I was So dumbstruck,  that i didn't even notice kouen's curious gaze.

"Koumei it was an accident. It's not my fault that you and kouen have the same eye color or even the fact that you both can be huge romantics at the right times. I was confused and unable to think. Why are you being so harsh, can't you just forgive me? So what i called you kouen, what's the difference?"

"What's the difference? That might as well be the most stubborn thing i have ever heard in my life. Imagine this (y/n), what if you and I were dancing together and just as you were about to kiss me, i called out 'yamraiha' how would you feel? Would it not be different than calling you by your given name? i think it would. Now if you'll excuse me." just as koumei got up i weakly grabbed his arm.

"Please don't go, i love you."

"No you don't and even if you did, the feelings are no longer mutual." He tore his arm away and walked off leaving me all alone. Once he was out of sight i dropped to my knees and began to cry. Kouen comforted me for awhile and i told him everything that happened.

"I'm sorry to hear that but if you do actually have feelings for me i must tell you that that i only see you as a sister." he said trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm sorry to be so harsh but i don't think i could ever love you as if you were my husband. I must admit you are handsome but you're just not my type." he smiled and after a few drinks and snacks I fell asleep.

(author p.o.v)

Once kouen saw that (y/n) had fallen asleep, he picked her up and and walked her to koumei's room. He then carefully placed her on the bed and walked out silently closing the door behind him hoping that his plan wouldn't backfire.

***********************************************************************************************