Epilogue

Six Months Later

"We are in company," Amy hissed in her husband's ear while she moved his hand away from her waist, hoping no one could see their tussling from behind the table. The wedding had just finished, and they were now at the wedding breakfast. "Act civilized."

"How can one be civil with such..." And then his eyes had to audacity to roam over her as though they hadn't just married in a church. "Such—"

"Shh." She couldn't handle this man. She loved him so. "You'll embarrass me. Now, have patience my husband."

His green glittering eyes were playful as ever. Shameless, irresistible man. "Usually those words are finished with a promise of reward."

Amy turned away and focused—tried to focus on the other people at their table. His brothers, Andrew and Mark were there and so were her bridesmaids, Jane and Catherine. She'd asked her cousin, but Christa had made plans to leave the country, deciding to go somewhere outside of London ballrooms. Away from her parents. Amy couldn't blame her.

Andrew and Catherine, who happened to be sitting next to one another, were fighting... again.

Amy asked Andrew, as she once again removed his arm. "All right, now you must tell me what is going on with your brother and Catherine?"

"They are to be married."

News to her. Her eyes wide. She couldn't see them getting along at all. "When?"

"He's to propose by her twenty-fifth birthday."

"Why?" She swatted at him.

He looked up at her, "He promised he would."

Amy's face softened, "He did?"

Nathaniel nodded slowly, "They are... were in love once."

She looked at them again, seeing the marquess and the woman in new light. They fought horribly. "Do you think it will actually happen?"

"I do."

"Why?"

"Because," he whispered. "A marquess always keeps his word."

=====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   =====   ===== 

THANK YOU

for reading this short book and I hope you have enjoyed the story.

An Unexpected Duke's Invitation (part one) is a short sampler to : To Love A Lord of London (complete in three parts)