Chapter 6

"Well with the information gather from Queen Ashlynn I think we can all agree that this is now our top priority, if the Shadow walkers are back then they must be eliminated quickly everyone be on the lookout, meeting over," the head of the council said.

Everyone slowly piled out of the room to head home. I can't believe what's happened. Those poor kids didn't deserve that. I felt my heart break as I remembered the state the orphanage was in. These Shadow walkers must be caught fast before they hurt anymore innocent people.

'Lilith, is there anything else you can tell me about these Shadow Walkers' I asked Lilith

'Well not really not many people knew much about them because they were very good at keeping things secret. Even their books had spells cast on them so we couldn't open them after they were killed. The only other thing I know is that for the spell to work the ones who are sacrificed must be innocent in every sense of the word. Must be virgin and have a pure heart which makes sense with them hitting an orphanage'

'Alright Lilith thanks for the help'

'Welcome'

I let out a sigh as I ran my fingers though my hair. Today's been a long day and all I want to do is cuddle my precious little babies and be with my mate. With that thought in mind I made my way back home. As soon as I got there I ran straight to the twins' room. When I walked in I saw Cam putting Lacey to sleep. I smiled and leaned against the door frame. He turned around and grinned when he saw me.

"Hey babe I missed you," he said while walking towards me.

I gave him a tired smile in return and he frowned slightly realizing that something was wrong.

"What's up?" he asked with concern clear in his voice.

I motioned for us to leave Lacey and Lily's room before I told him about what happened at the orphanage. Once I was done he sighed and pulled me into his chest.

"I'm sure we'll find him okay trust me on that, why don't we get some sleep yeah?" Cam asked.

"I would love to but I have to finish m-" Cam cut me off saying,

"Oh did you think I was asking no I was telling, you've been working all day and you need to rest those papers can wait till the morning okay? okay."

I smiled at him and followed him to our room. He passed me my pj's and I put them on quickly before climbing into bed, Cam joining in soon after. He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me against him.

"Everything will be fine okay just get some sleep," he said. I nodded and eventually fell into a deep sleep.

'Everything's gonna be fine' was my last thought before sleep consumed me. 

***

"Good morning love," Cam whispered into my ear as I started to wake up. I hummed in response not awake enough to form proper human words. I looked over at the nightstand and saw that Cam had brought me breakfast. I smiled at him and sat up. He grinned back as he picked up the breakfast tray and began feeding me my breakfast. We sat there just talking to each other about random things. This is one of the best things in the world. Just sitting here with my mate enjoying his presence. I could stay like this forever but I do have to get back to the real world.

"Where are Lacey and Lily?" I asked.

"They're with Callie and Britt for the day," he replied.

I nodded and relaxed into him some more.

"You know I have to get up and paper work soon I can't just stay in bed all day especially after what happened yesterday," I said to Cam after a long moment of silence.

He groaned in protest and pulled me closer to him.

"No you can go one day without doing work I promise it's not going to run away from you," he said.

"Cam you know I have to," I replied.

He shook his head in the crook of my neck and refused to let go.

"Please baby just one day," he begged with a pout at the end. I playfully narrowed my eyes at him as I said,

"That's not fair you used puppy dog eyes."

He grinned in victory as I rolled my eyes and turned onto my side.

"Well since I'm staying in bed today I might as well take a nap, you in?" I asked.

Cam rolled his eyes but lied down and closed his eyes anyway. I smiled as I got comfortable and went to sleep. If only everyday could be like this.

~TDHQ~

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

it's been soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long since I've updated and I feel so bad right now. I literally had to go back and read my own chapters just to know what was going on. Anyway I've decided to only work on two stories at a time. I will try to update this story on Friday's and the other story on Monday's. The other story I will be updating is the Scorpions. so I've missed you guys lots and I'll be posting every other friday but since it's been so long I'll post every friday for three weeks and then it'll become every other friday. same with the other book. alright it's time for the QOTD

QOTD:: If you could be any kind of supernatural being what would you be? I'd be a heretic AKA witch vampire hybrid. If you watch vampire diaries you already knew what that was. anyway by loves. Don't forget to vote and comment. If I get 50 comments and 50 votes I'll update tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday.