TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY | COUNTING

The wind blew through Killian Jones' hair as he looked at the picture he had in his hands, he remembered how much gold it had cost him but he would've done everything to make his little girl happy.

It was a drawing of him and his daughter, Naomi, it was made by one of the best artists in town. She looked about eleven in the drawing. Killian sighed as he looked at the picture, he couldn't bare himself to get rid of it nor could he bare to look at it.

"Naomi was quite beautiful, wasn't she?" William Smee said carefully as he approached his Captain. He knew that Naomi was a touchy subject for him, but he wanted to be there for him nonetheless.

"Careful, Smee. That's my daughter you're talking about." Killian said sternly as he gave Mr. Smee a small glare. The crewman nodded quickly and decided to change the topic.

"It may be too late for her, but we can still avenge Milah." He said, trying to cheer him up but he was failing miserably.

Hearing Mr. Smee's statement only brought Killian's mood down again, he never meant for things to go the way they did. He never meant for her to get taken like that, he never meant to abandon her.

And he would do absolutely anything he could to get his daughter back.

Then he has Milah to deal with, but honestly he never really cared much about the woman. He was interested in her, that was for sure, but he was just looking for a mother figure for Naomi. But the small yet stubborn girl refused to call Milah her mother, and she had every right to do so.

Killian had given up on finding Naomi, he believed that she had died. When he came back to look for her, the only things he saw were the dead body's of the men he had left her with. He searched for his daughter but to no avail.

Avenging Milah was a distraction for him, it kept him busy. It kept him from thinking of his supposedly dead daughter.

Killian cleared his throat and put the paper with the drawing on it away, he looked at Mr. Smee as he said, "Mr. Smee, what news of the day's catch?" He remembered the boy they had found in the water and added, "The boy we yanked from the sea."

"He's still asleep. A bit waterlogged and smells of catfish, but he'll live." Mr. Smee reassured him while nodding.

"Where do you suppose he came from? Hmm?" Killian said as he started walking. "There aren't many other ships in this area and his clothes are certainly not of this land."

Mr. Smee's eyes widened when he thought about a theory that may as well could've been the dead of him as well as Killian's. "What if the boy belongs to him?" He spoke his thoughts out loud.

He saw the confused look of Captain and continued, "The ones he kidnaps from the other world. I-I'd bet my rations on it."

"Indeed. But could we be so lucky?" Killian said, sounding like he didn't have a single care in the world which is far from true.