prologue

"And here with us today is Mr. Tom Holland! How are you, Tom?"

"I'm great, Vivian. I just got back from a production meeting, and I can't spill too much but a movie is on the horizon."

"No, you don't say."

The cheeky laugh that came in response was enough to make me roll the girl roll her eyes and shut off the tv in her hotel room. Honestly, she couldn't say she'd ever understood the adoration of the Tom kid. He was cute, sure, but he was more stuck up than everyone seemed to think. His answer was enough to tell her that. But he was a movie star- wasn't that to be expected? They couldn't all be a Chris Evans.

Her ringtone going off was enough to pull her from her thoughts, and a grin formed on her lips as she glanced at the caller i.d.

"Adeline, love, how are you?" the soft chirp of her manager, Nicholas, came from the other side of the phone, and she couldn't help but feel excited.

"I'm good, Nick. How are you? What's up?" she tucked my phone between her ear and shoulder as she pulled a shirt from my suitcase.

"I'm great, Ade, and you're about to be even greater."

"Why do you say that? What happened?"

"You remember the role I keep telling you about, the one that's gonna shoot you to fame?"

"How could I forget?" she laughed, turning on speaker so she could switch shirts and talk all at once. "It's the confidential one that you're really excited about, said I'll like it a lot."

"Exactly! Well, you got it! Welcome to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, kid." she dropped her shirt and froze, taking a moment to process his words.

"I'm sorry, what? Did you just tell me I'm going to be in a movie with some of the biggest names in Hollywood?"

"I did. Welcome to the cast of Spiderman: Homecoming, kiddo." her heart jumped, and she found herself letting out a squeal.

"You got me a role in my favorite series?" she asked incredulously.

"Well, don't act so surprised. You're a talented girl. They wanted you before anyone else anyway. Check your email, I've sent you the information. Filming starts tomorrow. I'm sure Mr. Holland will be more than excited to meet you."

Her smile faltered, and she took a deep breath. "...did you just say Holland? Like, Tom Holland?" she asked.

"Yes, I did. Why? Is that a problem? Old drama I don't know about?"

"No, no drama, Nick. Just a bit of hesitance. Everything is alright."

"Okay, good. I'd hate to see this opportunity to down the drain." she could hear the worry in his voice, but he should have known she could hold her own by then.

"I promise everything will be fine. Do you know when my apartment back home will be done?"

"Soon, kiddo. It's almost done being renovated. I have to go now, okay? Get a lot of rest. I'll see you at nine a.m. sharp."

"See you then, Nicki. Goodnight."

"Night, Ade."

She hung up the phone and sighed to herself, knowing tomorrow would be the first day of many long days. Many long days with a certain movie star she was not even sure she'd be able to stand. How great.

That's when she got the first notification that would change her life.

TomHolland1996: let's all give a big Marvel welcome to miss AdelineJones, can't wait to see you on set xx

And that's when she had to give a courtesy reply.

AdelineJones: TomHolland1996, I look forward to it, spider-kid.

Welcome to the longest time of Adeline's life.