Chapter 14: Cave Me in

A/n: Let me just recommend Cave Me In really quick because it's honestly one of my favorites right now and I hope you all don't sleep on this song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early morning had come.

Because of the unexpected amount of guests for the party, everyone had decided it was best to put half in the Shim household, the other half in the Han's. For certain measures, they ended up splitting by gender, all the men in one and the women in the other. It was a fair decision, none to bring any unnecessary embarrassment.

Fortunately, the young idols were able to get in a bit of sleep before getting ready to head back to Seoul. Everyone had gathered back into the Shim house for a much needed breakfast. Soon enough, it was time for to get back into reality of things; there was a restaurant to run, errands to do, work to attend to. So, the Shim/Han family made sure to bid goodbye to those they wouldn't be seeing in a while, including the NCT boys and Minah as if they were also family.

And so, with the assistance of Jihoon and his trusty car, the Seoul-based group were to leave as soon as they could (along with the many containers of dishes prepared and packed by Jiwoo's mother).

Minah and Jiwoo were assigned in the car with Boram and Seokju. Jihoon had insisted that he drives the NCT trio, as they had somehow bonded more through the night in the Han residence. Jiwoo was quite taken aback by this revelation, but not too surprised to see this happening. Her brother was sociable, it'd be more surprising if he hadn't gotten close to the three. Guys close to the same age would always bond.

Even as much as she would've liked to ride with the boys, Jiwoo will let it slide.

"So, you're not going to go with us to the studio?" Minah questioned the girl besides her with a slight pout.

Jiwoo shook her head, baring an apologetic grin. "I'm sorry, but Lee Sooman wanted to discuss a few things with me. Maybe after my small meeting, I'll head on over to wherever you guys are."

"We finally see you after a long while and you're leaving us again!"

"Only for a couple hours," the brunette chimed, giving her friend's shoulder a nudge out of assurance. "I'm sure Sooman-sshi wanted to tell me to get back to working hard since I had a bit of a hiatus."

"That could only mean more time with us, right?"

"Maybe."

An hour and a half later, the four arrive at SM building. After bidding farewell to Minah, Boram, and Seokju, Jiwoo rushed inside and went straight to her destination. Up the elevator, down the hallways, and finally to the grand doors to the room that could only belong to the main man himself.

"Shim Jiwoo, it's good seeing you again and much livelier this time. Has the trip back home been beneficial?" Lee Sooman asked once the 20 year old reached the vacant chair in front of his desk. It'd probably wouldn't be best to admit that three of members of their rookie group had a late night out. So in response, she gave a curt nod."You look much better."

"I do feel better, thank you. I apologize if my small break inconvenienced you."

"No, it's alright. It's my fault for creating such a schedule with Seokju with no knowledge about Hong Yoora's debut..." SM's founder paused, running a hand across his face. He must be remembering the past struggles as well. Jiwoo grimaced at this. "Definitely a talented lady, I should send congratulatory gifts to her company for a successful debut."