Chapter 21: I'll Be Yours

Nothing could have ever prepared Jiwoo for that upcoming Friday, the day Johnny insisted she ask a day off so to watch SHINee on Music Bank with Jaehyun. However, even with her boyfriend in on the plan already, she knew that the extended NCT 127 still had audio recordings scheduled that same day. If they were to figure out a way to free Jaehyun from it, they would have to do it quick and effectively.

And so, while the boys were at SM, hopefully figuring out how to deploy Johnny's ingenious plan, Jiwoo was at the apartment she shared with her cousin. She was in the midst of finding something cute to wear for the date. She barely made any progress until there was a random knock at the door. Before Jiwoo knew it, Minah waltzed into her bedroom, checking out the closet of clothes for her.

"It's so weird that this is my first time in your place," the chestnut-haired lass mused as she rummaged through the rack of blouses. Her expression shifted into one of awe, taking out a cotton-based dress that would hit at Jiwoo's midthigh.

"Well, I didn't think oppa would like it if I brought in people from work into our home," Jiwoo uttered as she watched the stylist at work. "He's quite private, sometimes he wouldn't even let Jihoon-oppa come over unless he cleans up the place. If he ever finds out you visited, he might flip out."

"Hey, you texted me the address and as today's your first date with Jaehyun, I can't pass this opportunity up!" The older girl then proceeded to take out a couple more shirts and dresses she deemed would be good possibilities for the date. She set out the ones she liked on Jiwoo's mint-colored sheeted bed. She went back into the closet to pick out bottoms to match the shirts she had picked out. "You have all these cute clothes but majority of the times I see you, you're usually wearing leggings and an oversized hoodie... a SHINee hoodie, at that too. Do you ever wash that thing?"

"I do!" Jiwoo defended herself with a pout. She glanced down at herself, she happened to be wearing the hoodie at this very moment. She brought her sleeves to her nose to take a whiff. "Smells like lavenders."

"Mhm, well, as good as it may smell, I'm not allowing you to wear that to Music Bank." Minah managed to pick out a floral patterned skirt from the collection. She let out an enthusiastic ooh, quite pleased at the skirt's cute design. "Can you please wear cute clothes more often? What a waste. Just look at this skirt!"

"I mean, I'm mostly in the studio anyway, and I like dressing comfortably." Jiwoo's eyes diverted over to the clothes her friend had picked out so far. "Should I really be wearing that skirt for a music show recording? It'll take up a couple hours at most."

"Well, you gotta look fabulous for bae, right?" The outerwear were next coming out of the closet. Piles of barely used, fashionable jackets and sweaters were then thrown onto the bed. "It's also getting pretty cold nowadays, so we need you to look cute and be warm." Minah did her work and picked out a possible, completed outfit for Jiwoo to wear: a striped, fitted long-sleeve shirt with a tan corduroy overall dress, paired with a thick cardigan sweater and laced boots to match. The professional stylist debated whether to give Jiwoo a scarf to wear. Making up her mind, she handed it over to the younger girl. "Just wear the scarf if it gets too cold, I want you to fully show the choker he gave you."

Minah went ahead and did Jiwoo's makeup and hair as well. Knowing the younger well enough that she will be jamming hard to SHINee, simple makeup with waterproof eyeliner and mascara was the way to go, and her hair would be stylishly put up in a bun as a finishing touch. After Jiwoo had changed into the very outfit Minah had picked out, she gotten a round of applause. "Wow, it's so fun to be styling a girl for once. You should let me dress you up more often!"

"Only if there's a right enough occasion," Jiwoo snickered as she joined Minah to sit on the couch in the living room. "What do you think the boys are doing to get Jaehyun out from recording today? What if it doesn't even work?"