Letter Number 6 - CURRY!!

Cover on the side by XxdancrnritrxX -------------------------->

____________________________________________________________________________

Dear Ollie

By the time I left Taylor’s house that day it was dark and snow had begun to fall. I remember being kind of worried about how I was going to get home. My mum didn’t have a car, Taylor’s parents weren’t in, Taylor wasn’t old enough to drive, and I wasn’t really comfortable about getting the bus in the snow while it was dark.

When I was about to leave because I had no other option but get the bus, Ethan came out of the lounge and said he’d take me home. I was kind of hesitant to agree, but since it seemed like the best option, I agreed. I think that car journey was the most awkward car journey I had ever experienced. Ethan really couldn’t take me seriously after the incident earlier in the day. Every time I tried to make conversation Ethan just started laughing and asked if I wanted to know what a blowy or camel toe was. I didn’t actually know what a camel toe was, but Ethan didn’t have to know that.

Fair to say I was relieved when I got out of that car.

I entered my house just after five o’clock to find we had no power and no heat. I remember jumping out of my skin when I saw a bright light and the outline of someone running down the stairs. I thought there was an axe murder in the house, but the next thing I knew my mum has grabbed me round the waist and started jumping up and down.

“Ammie, guess what! Guess what!” My mum screeched.

“We have no power or heat?” I questioned, squirming at her touch.

“Well yes that, but Oliver should be here to deal with that soon, but guess wha…” I hastily cut my mother off.

“Oliver who?” I question accusingly.

“Your friend Oliver, but anyway guess wha…” I cut my mum off again.

“Why the heck is Oliver coming round?!”

“To fix our power and our heat,” my mum said simply.

I was kind of stunned after that. Out of all the people my mum could have called to come fix our power, she had to call you? She could have called the electricity company, or the landlord, but no, she called you? For one I was wondering how the heck a teenage boy would know how to fix a generator thingy and for two I was wondering why the heck your parents were letting you out, how many parents let their kid out when it’s snowing to go to some random chicks house to fix their power? Not many believe me.

“You are unbelievable,” I muttered to myself.

“So can I tell you my news now?” my mum asked jumping up and down like some crippled old dog that wanted to play ball.

“Go on then,” I sighed.

My mum then squealed. Yes I know what you’re thinking, and no I am not kidding, she actually squealed. “Weeeellllll, I got a job!” my mum squealed again.

“That’s great” I smiled “What’s the job?”

“You know I use to be a nurse,” my mum paused taking a shaky breath, she knew I didn’t like it when she brought up the subject, “before everything happened?” I slowly nodded my head “Well, there was a job going at this major trauma hospital which is in Westminster as a trauma nurse and guess what? I got it!” my mum squealed for the third time in roughly five minutes (-.-).

“That’s great,” I smiled, “When do you start?”

“That’s the thing honeybee, I start tonight. I’ll be working shifts whenever they need me which means I may not be home when you get home from school sometimes or in the evening when you go to bed,” I froze and I felt the smile on my face begin to fall “Sweetie, I know this is going to be hard for you, but things are different now,” my mum whispered stroking the hair away from my face.