The days to come.

I decide to move in to 221B because it is a very pleasant flat. Just the right size for two. And Sherlock is such a unique individual; I can't help but be drawn to him.

My sister Morgan is away in Ireland taking an extra semester and won't be back for some time. Spending my time here with Sherlock has been very interesting so far to say the least. 

Early one morning I find myself sitting across the room listening to Sherlock play the violin. He twiddles  with the bow a bit then continues to play the lovely tune. I think back on the time he saved my life and how I owe him so much. I find myself captivated by his figure. His tall and slender body, yet strong. I find him so intriguing; everything he does shapes such a different personality. He has pronounced cheekbones and lips that look like they were carved with the precision of a professionalist. His eyes so full of knowledge and wisdom beyond anyone. Yet.. he's still slightly naïve when it comes to human nature. I sit there lost in thought when John Watson walks in.

Ah, the good doctor and best friend of Sherlock's.

"Oh...Good morning, Sage! I didn't know you were visiting Sherlock today; how are you?"  John says as he walks through the door and sees me curled up in Sherlock's arm chair.

"Yes, well I..."

"She came by last night." Sherlock says cutting me off mid-sentence.  "She was afraid of being alone apparently, so I let her stay the night."

He says sounding bored. I've noticed he does that when he is trying to avoid long conversations.

"Oh..." John says while looking us over a bit. "Well, that was kind of you Sherlock." 

"Mmm.." Sherlock groans, clearly trying to avoid an ongoing conversation.

I could see that John is a bit confused. I could also see a hint of curiosity dancing in his eyes, yet he just smiles and changes the subject.

"What are you doing here anyway? I thought you'd be busy with...stuff."

Sherlock asks John, sounding curious.

"Um.. Mary and I were wondering if you'd like to come by tonight for dinner?" John asks hesitating a bit because he knows Sherlock isn't the type of person to do dinners. And before Sherlock has a chance to answer, he turns to me, "You could come too, Sage?! Mary and little Chrissie would love to meet you." John says smiling.

Sherlock looks a little less annoyed after John asks me to come as well. I know that Sherlock will probably never admit it but he seems to like it when I am around. I started to notice a bit of change in his behavior. He appears more relaxed whenever I am present.

"Of course; I'd love to come and meet them!"  I tell John with a warm smile.

Sherlock just nods. I know he is feeling a little left out because John has a family now and can't spend all his time solving cases with Sherlock.

"Okay then! I guess we'll see you tonight?" John says.

"Yes, we'll be there" Sherlock says turning to smile weakly at John.

"Good! Well I better get going, it was nice seeing you both." John says while heading out the door.

"You too, bye!" I say.

As soon as I know John is officially gone I get out of the chair and walk over to Sherlock.

"Why did you not tell him?" I ask.

Sherlock looks at me trying to look confused.

"Tell him what?" he asks, playing coy.

"You know what." I say giving him the evil eye  but I feel a smile start to spread across my lips.

"I just didn't want to upset him by telling him that his old room looks like it is being lived in by a girl." He simply replies. I look at him through narrowed eyes.

"That's because it is." I say trying to sound annoyed.

"Yes. Exactly!" Sherlock says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Sherlock, I am sure he wouldn't mind knowing that I am living here now.  He'd understand. He knows that my previous flat was burnt to a crisp."

I say trying to convince him.

"Yes, I'm sure." he says giving me a weak smile.

I look him over a bit, trying to read his face.

"Are you embarrassed to have me live here with you?" I ask casually.

He turns to me with the look of surprise on his face. "No, of course not! Why would you think that?" he asks.

"I just... I thought maybe you didn't want me here or something." I say shyly.

"I'm the one who invited you here to stay, why would you think I don't want you here?" he says studying me with that look on his face like he is deducing everything about me in a matter of seconds.

"I don't know." I manage.

"Do you not want to be here, is that what you're trying to say?" he asks.

"No, of course not Sherlock. I love it here. If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't even be alive." I tell him hoping he understands that I am truly grateful.

He takes awhile to answer, plucking his violin strings with his index finger, he finally looks into my eyes. "I like having you here." He says with a shy smile and then suddenly jumps up and dashes into the kitchen. "Would you like some tea?" he asks me.

"um..sure." I say trying not to sound so surprised. "Just don't drug it okay. I've heard some of John's stories." I say jokingly

He chuckles deeply. "I wouldn't dream of doing that to you." he says with a playful grin on his face. Great, I'm going to have to test everything he gives me just to be sure. I think to myself while I sit and wait for my tea.