Needing You

It's only been one week since the ordeal with Moriarty. Sherlock has been distant. He will make tea for me and kiss my forehead but nothing more. He let's me hold him but he won't respond by hugging me back.

I sit in Sherlock's arm chair with a book in my lap. He sits cross legged, with his back to me, on top of his desk with his eyes closed. He has been in this position since this morning. Apparently he's in his mind palace. I try to focus on my book but I soon give up and loose myself in the way he looks with his eyes shut. How peaceful and...

"Stop it!" He says abruptly, not even opening his eyes.

"Stop what?" I ask.

"Staring at me! I'm busy." Sherlock says turning around to face me. I quickly look away trying to hide my smile.

"I wasn't staring at you." I say as if it was absurd. I look back at him.

He narrows his eyes.

"What!?" I ask, giggling.

"Nothing." He says,  turning back around and resuming his thinking.

I get up, placing my book down, and quietly walk up behind him. I slip my hands around his waist and wrap my arms around his lean torso, hugging him from behind. He stiffens. I climb up on the desk, still hugging him, and gingerly kiss the nape of his neck, then the side, making my way up to his jaw. He sighs. I rest my chin on his shoulder, waiting to see if he will show any sign of affection back. Nothing. He just continues sitting, with his eyes closed. I sigh, letting go. I jump off the desk and stride towards the sofa, plopping down dramatically. I glance at Sherlock to see if he noticed. No such luck. He's still sitting there, not paying any attention.

I think back to the moments in the hospital and how he acted. So passionate. Maybe he just felt bad and now that I'm better he can stop the act. But I know it was more than that. He cares for me. He just needs time to freely show it.

I fall asleep on the couch, giving up on trying to get Sherlock to pay attention to me, deciding to let him come to me.

I wake up a bit, knowing that I've been asleep for awhile. All of a sudden I notice someone is stroking my forehead. I open my eyes slightly and realize my head is lying on Sherlock's lap. He stops, noticing I've awoken. He stares down at me. "I'm sorry if I woke you up." He says.

I smile and sit up.

"I don't mind." I say, stifling a yawn. I scoot all the way onto his lap and rest my head on his shoulder. He hesitates for a moment, then wraps his arms around my body, sheltering me in his warm embrace.

"This is hard for me, Sage. This sorta stuff." Sherlock says quietly. I turn my head to look at him properly.

"I know." I say, sighing.

"I've never experienced this...this, need for someone before. I've normally been on my own, never needing the attention of anyone else...until now." Sherlock says, looking into my eyes.

"I need you, Sage."

I gaze into his eyes. They hold such wonders. I never know if they're blue or green. Right now they're a mixture of both with flakes of gold adding to the dazzling affect. They always look like they're a million miles away, but in this moment they seem present and focused on one thing...me. I try to say something but nothing comes out. I'm speechless. Sherlock just admitted he needed someone. No. Not just someone. Me.

"You don't have to say anything." He says, pressing his lips to mine. The kiss starts slow and cautious, though Sherlock seems to have a new sense of courage cause he starts kissing me harder, pulling me closer. I'm a bit shocked by his sudden eagerness, but I kiss back hungrily. My tongue teases his mouth, demanding entry. He opens it slowly. I gently tug on his curls tilting his head back, deepening the kiss. He moans low in his throat, which drives me mad, wanting more. Gently, he slides me off his lap and lays me onto the couch. Looming over me, he starts trailing kisses up and down my neck and collarbone. His warm breath and soft lips makes my skin feel like it might combust wherever he touches. I sigh with pleasure. He leans further down on top of me, making contact with the rest of my body. I snake my arm around the back of his neck, pulling his face closer to mine. I meet his lips once more. We are so alive in this moment. Him needing me. Me needing him.

Sherlock is enjoying being so close to Sage. He has never been this close to anyone before and not just physically. He delightfully kisses her. Taking in how she responds to every touch. He loves this contact. He likes seeing her happy. No matter how hard he tries to deny it, this is what he's always wanted. Suddenly Sage pulls away, leaving a lingering kiss on his lips. She gazes at him for a minute.

"I love you." She whispers, looking up at Sherlock. His eyes grow wide. His heart skips a beat.

I pull away and stare up at him. We're both a bit out of breath from kissing. My eyes travel to his lips. There slightly puffy and red. My stare travels up to his eyes. There's something new in them. I can't quite place it. I could lose myself looking into those eyes. I find myself feeling absolutely content. And that's when I tell him.

"I love you." I say quietly, throwing it out into the open. He looks shocked. Suddenly, I know I've ruined the moment. It's too soon. I mean it though and I want him to know that. I want him to know that I'm here for him. I wait for a response.

He still looks surprised, then his expression softens.

"I have no doubt that you do, but I need time to say it. I want to know that I mean it, for the both of us. You deserve that." He says, pouting a bit as if what he said might upset me. I place my hands on either side of his face. I know in my heart that he loves me. He doesn't have to say it.

"That is all I needed to hear. I just wanted you to know." I say smiling. He smiles back leaning down giving me a gentle kiss. He lifts himself off the sofa and stands up straight. One hand behind his back and the other he offers to me.

"May I have this dance?" He asks courtly.

"I thought you were busy?" I say, smirking.

"I always have time for you. Plus, John and Mary's wedding anniversary is coming up and you need to work on your dancing." He says. 

I grin, "oh I need to work on my dancing, do I?" I say chuckling and accept his hand. We begin to dance leaving the world behind with a one, two, step and twirl. 

                                              The End Of Part One

I hope you've all enjoyed this. Thank you all for the reads and votes, it's been great fun. =)