Captured by a Snake

A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading and being patient. I hope you like this chapter. =)

I come-to blurry eyed and dazed. I try to focus. I narrow my eyes and am blinded by a bright florescent light suspended above me. I immediately shut them. I decide to use my other senses. I feel around trying to move my arms but they are strapped down. My legs as well. I realize I am tied down to some sort of table. I struggle trying to get out of my binds.

"Struggling is pointless you know" I hear a venomous voice say from across the room. My eyes fly open.

Sherlock walks into the flat and stops. He spots blood on the floor and drag marks leading out the door. Sage! He digs in his jacket pulling out his phone while dashing down the stairs.

"Lestrade, Sage has been kidnapped. I don't know who they are or where they've taken her. It hasn't been very long though." he says frantically.

"Who would do this and why?" Lestrade asks.

"They're trying to get to me by..." Sherlock trails off knowing all too well who would do this. "Meet me at the flat where we found her. Don't come in." He tells Lestrade then hangs up. Sherlock runs down the street to hail a cab and bumps into John.

"Sherlock! I was just dropping by to...What's going on?" John asks seeing the frantic look on Sherlock's face.

"It's Sage. She's been kidnapped." Sherlock says while hailing a cab.

"Jesus. I'm coming with..."

"No! This one is really dangerous. I don't want to get distracted by trying to keep you save as well." Sherlock says cutting John off mid-sentence.

"Right. But when is it not really dangerous?" John says feeling a bit disappointed. "Do you know who did this?"

Sherlock opens the cab door getting ready to get in.

"Moriarty." he says and slips inside the cab shutting the door.

The cab drives off leaving John behind and worried.

"Who are you?!" I demand. "What do you want with me?" I struggle more trying to loosen the straps.

"Oh, I would stop struggling so much sweetheart. The more you move the faster the poison drips into your system. I'd prefer you to still be conscious when Sherlock arrives." He says.

I look down at my arms. Sticking out of my left forearm is a tube pumping some sort of liquid into my bloodstream. Oh God!

"Why are you doing this?" I ask trying to keep my voice from shaking but I'm terrified.

"I'm bored and I want Sherlock to come out and play."  he says coming closer and smiling down at me. Creep! I think to myself.

"Okay. But why me? Sherlock doesn't care if I live or die." I say hoping I'm wrong.

"Oh, we both know that's not quite true. Why else would he have saved you from a burning building miss Lively." he says in mock concern. "Because he cares." He starts walking around me. "I keep telling him that caring is such a disadvantage but he obviously hasn't been listening to me." Leaning in closer he places duct tape over my mouth. I glare at him. Recognizing his face as the man that was staring at me from across the street earlier.