eleven

SOMEONE NEW

Asa and I had broken up a while ago for obvious reasons. He was always busy and we'd never get time to spend time together, not even text. Sometimes I wondered if he even wanted to text me or have any sort of contact with me.

As the days went on, he never called or texted or even acknowledged me and that obviously hurt. He was the type of boyfriend to always care for you and never leave you stranded or lonely.

I put on a white crop top with some denim shorts and some black vans. My hair was slicked back into a bun and I was extremely tired. I had a photo shoot, but I had to get my coffee and I couldn't care less about what I was wearing.

I got into my car and quickly reached Starbucks. I got in quickly only having a few minutes to spare and ordered my drink.

As I waited for my order to be fulfilled I heard the door open and I subconsciously turned around to look. What caught my eye was heart breaking, there he stood, Asa with some random girl.

I had never gotten over him and the fact that he moved on so fast broke my heart. We were together for 2 years and now he's just with someone else, like if I never meant anything to him.

I stared at the couple and my eyes became teary and before I could turn around and act fine Asa caught my eye. Our eyes connected and for once in the longest time I saw his blue eyes shiny and beautiful.

A tear streamed down my face and I grabbed my drink as the waitress handed it to me. I thanked her and quickly walked out.

When I reached the door I met eyes with Asa again and the girl was ordering the drinks. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds when I heard him faintly say, "I still love you."

And maybe he was lying or I was hallucinating, but that simple statement made my heart wrench and my anger resurface. And I couldn't help the feeling, but to want to run over to him and fall in love all over again.