⇜6⇝

Comment as you go along :) tell me what's on your mind :)
~•~

Darcy's POV

The party was going.

Currently I am holding a platter of assorted cakes that were tempting me with their rich smell. I weave through the vibrant clothing of white men and women chatting amongst each other. Doing everything they can to avoid my attention.

One man sitting at a table by himself looked in my direction. I assume that his focus was on the cakes in my hand so I approach. When I got near him, I leveled my height by going on my knees while presenting the dessert to him without saying a word.

"Dessert for me little girl...what a pleasure" he smirks before running his hand through his graying hair.

I stayed mute as he took a piece. Once I stand up he slices a portion of the cake and directs it towards me.

"Eat it" he declares, his eyes tracing over my actions with amusement. I quake a little bit out of anxiety. I know eating the cake is bad, but not listening to the white man is also unacceptable. Either way I will be punished if this news were to spread to Master. Like always I am conflicted.

The man was clearly amused with my inner battle in my head.

My body works before my mind could catch up. I scurried away and got lost in the crowd. I let out a breath and close my eyes momentarily, what did I just do?

When I served many other faces, I asked myself, did I really do the right thing?

After removing myself with the tray from the large dining room. I adventure along a hall with a few people scattered along the sides.

I presented many with cakes, in return I received looks of disgust and scowls. I sigh as I reach a dead end, looking over my shoulder I quickly open the nearest door.

I stumble in making sure the cakes hadn't hit the ground. Blindly in the dark room I grope around the wall hoping for light. I huff when I couldn't find one and just continued my random journey mindlessly tripping over large and small objects.

While walking I knocked my thigh against a table and quickly used my free hand to grab the tall thin object from falling from the table.

I realized it was a lamp and switched it on. The light illuminated over the lightly dusted coffee table with a dark gray chair accompanying it.

I rest the cakes down and sit in the chair with a thud.
Even though I may have entered a forbidden room. My focus was solely on the cakes presented in front of me. I've been with these things for a majority of the night, making them and serving them but what are they? Why do they like 'em?

Out of curiosity I grab one cakes, a tinted red color with a white thick substance, if I can recall it was um.. frosting? I giggle at the faint memory of Barbury cursing the frosting for getting everywhere from the counters and her fingers.

But not once was she tempted to try what she made.

I dip my finger in it and pressed it against my tongue. I shook my head furiously.. I do not like it. Now I know why Barbury didn't dare taste it.

I reach for a small piece of the same cake and nibbled on a couple of pieces. Eventually after little pieces turned to a chunk. My cheeks were filled to the max with the cake, I nearly forgot that I had to swallow it down.

While I nearly choked on the cake a rough figure falls inside with a thunk. I gasp as I hastily stand up, wiping my hands against my dress before picking the cake tray back up.