Chapter 2

Katherine POV:

I opened my eyes, and realised I had no idea where I was. I was in a bed with a black cover over me, I got up cautiously and checked my surroundings. But couldn't figure out where I was. I walked towards the window and pulled open the curtains, to find out that I was still in London. I could tell by the type of buildings they were, tall three floors, wide roads and pavements.

I headed towards the door and opened it slightly peaking around it. Trying to check out my surroundings. Then it all came back to me, last night. The pool. Morairty, how scared I felt. Then Sherlock, sweet Sherlock I hadn't seen him in years but it seemed that he hadn't changed much. His high cheek bones, his chiselled features, his bright green eyes that sparkled. His curly brown hair that flopped. I stopped myself, how could I be thinking like this. I hadn't seen him in years, I thought after all this time that my feelings would somehow fade but I was wrong. I cared deeply for him, and it seem that he still did from how he responded yesterday.

I closed the door gently careful not to make a sound and sat on the windowsill and stared out. I shouldn't be here, Sherlock and I weren't good for each other. It was all about sediment, a chemical defect found on the losing side and I knew that with Moriarty around that Sherlock didn't need that and neither did I. I let out a big sigh. What was I going to do, I put my hands to my face.

I needed to go, I couldn't stand to see the face on Sherlock to tell him why I faked my death. To see the pain on his face. I opened the window slowly, and climbed out and jumped rolling onto the floor.

I stood up and brushed of the the dirt. And straightened up my clothing, that was already scrunched up. I looked to towards the window and I tear rolled down my cheek. I brushed it away. And descended down the street as fast as I could knowing that Sherlock would try and follow me when he found out I had gone.

I hailed a cab and got in, telling the cabbie to take me to Euston station. I needed to get out of London, I didn't know where I was going but I had to go. For my own sake as much as Sherlocks.

When I finally get there, I practically jump out of the cab and throw money at the driver. And swiftly walk towards the stairs, but before I can I get there I am stopped by a tall figure.

"Mycroft," I look at him stopping beside him. "If you could make this short, I need to leave before he finds me."

"You're not going anywhere Katherine," he says in a monotone voice.

I glare at him, but he ignores me.

"You can't run away, not again. I blame myself for the last time." He turns his head towards me looking me in the eyes. "Sherlock needs you." He stops, "Like you need him, I know you don't want to admit it but it's true. He has never been the same when you left, he didn't take it very well and everyone out." He snaps.

"I can't do it Mycroft, I can't look him in the eyes. I hurt him." I stop trying to steady my voice. "This is the only way, he doesn't need this now. Not with Moriarty here, he doesn't need this. With me around his emotions will overall his judgement and I know you know that isn't a good idea. He needs to be focused to win the game."

"He won't have a chance, if his heart is broken once again." He says quickly.

I just look at him, "I don't even get a choice, do I?" I question him.

"Nope." He says this as he gestures to get into the black limo that just pulled up. I shake my head in disbelief, but get in knowing that he would use force if needed.

We sit there in silence as we are driven back to 211B Baker Street.