Chapter 3

Katherine POV:

We finally arrived. The car ride had been extremely uncomfortable, but I would have preferred to do I a hundred times than to face me demons. Today they seemed to be inside 211B Baker Street. Mycroft had already gotten out and was waiting for me to get out of the car and follow him. I took a deep breath and tried to prepare myself for what was about to happen.

I stepped out and closed the door. Mycroft stood next to me, took a glance at me and opened the door. Surprisingly it was unlocked, he lead up the stairs and stopped outside the door. He didn't bother knocking but walked straight in. I was considering bailing on him, but knew better as his guards/agents would probably grab me before I would get to the end of the street. I sighed and walked in.

Mycroft was already sitting down opposite Sherlock, both sitting in silence. A chair had been pulled up beside Mycroft and I made my way towards it and sat down crossing my legs.

We sat there in silence for a while, Sherlock not taking his eyes off of me as if scared I would get up and run. I looked back at him with no emotion on my face, thinking of what to say.

Breaking the silence, a man shouting up the stairs. "Sherlock!" My head turns towards the door, probably the man I saw last night. John if I could recall, one of Sherlocks friends. Well his only friend. I hear him run up the stairs and the door swings open.

"So.." he stops in his tracks as he looks towards me then to Mycroft.

"What is it John?" Sherlock finally speaks.

"Erm.. nothing, never mind" he says as he walks towards us and grabs the chair from the desk and sits next to Sherlock.

The man was very small compared to Sherlock, he had blonde hair that was combed to the side. He looked to be in his late 30's due to the wrinkles he had. I was snapped out of my thoughts when he began to speak.

"So, if you don't mind me asking. Who are you?" He asks clearly trying to see what was going on.

"I'm Katherine Thorn." I say in a monotone voice, looking over at him.

He puts his hand out, "I'm John Watson." He smiles kindly. I shake his hand and I return the smile.

I sit back in the chair again and it goes quite again.

"Sher.." I start but I get cut off.

"No," he says quickly. "Katherine please don't." He stands up and looks out the window, "John, Mycroft please will you give me some time alone with her."

Mycroft looks towards me and I nod towards him that it was ok. John and Mycroft both got up, walked out and went down stairs closing the door behind them.

As they leave a stand up, and Sherlock turns towards me. My heart stops, our eyes lock.

"Sher.." but he cuts me off again.

"No, Katherine please don't." He's voice shaking.

"Sherlock, I'm so sorry." I quickly say before he can cut me off again. "I didn't.." my voice breaks, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

He looks at me, I see his eyes watering and I see him trying to hold everything in. I walk over to him slowly and grab his hand.

"I'm sorry, really I am. I had to stop them from hurting you. When I faked my death, it was to protect you. I need you to know this even though you don't want to." He takes his hand away and looks out the window again.

"I don't care about that, not anymore." He spits out. "You tried to run away again, why?" He is shaking now.

I stopped thinking, "I didn't think I could face you, didn't think you would forgive me." My voice struggling, trying not to break. I can't look at him anymore I can't bare it as tears threat to fall. I turn away.

I feel an arm on my shoulder and he turns me to face him. I look at the ground and grabs my chin gently tilting it upwards to look him in the face. My eyes start watering more.

"Katherine.." he starts but I already know what he's going to say.

"No, please I beg." I cut him of tears roll down my cheeks, "please." I try and catch my breath squeezing my eyes shut, my knees buckle and I start to fall to the floor but he holds me up.

He brushes the tears from my eyes. "Katherine, I forgive you." He says his voice now smooth and gentle.

"I don't deserve it." I cry out. "Sherlock I don't deserve it, please."

"I forgive you." He says again, pushing the hair out of my eyes and smiling at me. "All that matters to me now, is that you're ok."

I look up at him, and our eyes lock. "How can you forgive me Sherlock. I caused you nothing but pain, I don't deserve it." I pause trying to catch my breath. "I've changed Sherlock, I'm not the same person I was before."

"That doesn't matter to me Katherine," leans in closer to me are lips brushing each other's. Then he kisses me, his lips are soft and warm. Just like I remembered them to be, it felt as if I was drifting and I didn't want the moment to end.