STORY NOTES - main

(must tidy this!? >__<)

Right now, i'm thinking of this in terms of a proposal for a series on DisneyPlus/Disney+ (as opposed to a set of movies, comics-graphic novels, or etc.); broken down into 5 seasons, with clearly defined starting & endpoints on events in each, as part of an overall story-arc.  1 "novel" = 1 season

THE PLAN:

Novel 1  -  Revival

starts with - jn revival/ressurection (beach, tavern @ tortuga) - start with jn in tavern, drunk, puzzled & confused & remembering waking up on the beach? & with that song (somewhere, beyond the sea...) stuck in his head, relentlessly...  sorts out his current life situation? (catches up on/with people, events, etc. rip van winkle-like? & what's going on in the 13 NORTH americAN COLONIES...? new france, new spain, etc....? ? ), & seeks answers - what happened & why is he here (back, still alive), etc.?, big sensation/social/society news, his re-appearing/return? london? europe, the world, etc....?  inquiry? possible court martial?  (& what about his comission, ...as a grand-whatever admiral?) (& HIS BEING M.I.a., PRESUMED DEAD, POssibly a.w.o.l./dessertion, ETC....? ?) the east india company, flying dutchman, that evil guy, incident/events of , etc....? was he shipwrecked? (excuse/explanation/supposition-s)  what happened when he died & after, his body, etc....? ? (death of the governor, etc....? ?)  - possible/y lunatic assylum incarceration?  time to himself... money issues/ his estate, legal missing - presumed dead/th , money, possible charity society support collection-s? sponsors, patrons, inherita/ence-s (to &/or from him, for him? ? family/ etc....?  ?   jn life history - remembering & looking back on/over/at the past, his past; jn's past life, magical life with her versus mundane world duty, expectations ,  childhood school training, etc. father mother parents gp-s? aunts uncles, family, etc., potc 1 re-exposed him to magical world, the , the storm is a critical moment for him & her (she saved him, only survivor....? ? who-all died? did the comical relief duo of soldiers & his gay little adjutant die? ?  ....in the storm, or what....?  ?  ), what happened, remembering & dealing with stuff, etc.  his life, loves, love life, other experiences?  (virgin?  with girls? or with who(/m)?) 

inflection point - he starts to remember her (marina/seraenyia,... still need to pick a name for her! >__<    ....?) - let's call her 'Secret' for now?  & MAYBE DO a running/repeating bit where he asks her "are you an ANGEL" WHEN he re-meets/encounters her?  (his secret angel? of the sea/ocean -s)   it maybe doesn't play as well in writing, but it should work nicely on-screen; potc 1(-3) had some very nice repeating-gag bits....    

ends with - remembering her - ('Secret')  (she is a mermaid / a lady of the sea (of some/which type?), true love, etc.), their past (childhood & pre-resurection life) & that she saved him, & that she is gone (last moments at the beach)...  

(theme-inspiration music playlist:  objects in the rearview mirror may appear closer than they are... )

Novel 2  -  About Her/Mermaid/A Lady of the Sea(s)-Ocean(s)-(Great) Water(s)(?) (working title; STILL need to pick a good name for her ...>__<!? - call her 'Secret' for now) need to flesh out her character in this story/book, personality thinking/reasons-reasoning/etc.  her relationship with jn, love, loyalty, the history, (from) her pov, etc....?  ?  

starts with - looking for her (retracing her steps, etc.), trying to find out what happened to her (orpheus like again, eventually for both of them....    ), the/that island of grief-mourning painting references-thing, her quest, how she saved jn (her eventual deal with the devil) siren-songs @ the island-mountain of limbo, more about his rescue,  their life together (two get her two-gether ? xD? ) post-ressurection, the consequences, her ending, etc.  her quest to save him (his body was what...?, thrown into the sea....? did she retrieve it....? ?) (jn is sent to the) island of limbo (legality/ies, technicality/-ies, etc.) , the shores,  him, her, rescues him, etc.  (siren song / singing? ? )  paths to & from limbo, sea vs underground, satan's problems &/or plans , reason-s, etc. with this....?    (to be revealed in the future....? (of the series)) ? (some of this should maybe be on the othr side or the inflection-point, need sort this & that!  >__<)  ....    

inflection point -
(about mid-way through or so?) he finds out that she made a deal with the devil, to save him.  

ends with -
jn (finally) knows & understands what happened to her (her punishment-fate; dissolving & erasure, etc.), wants to save/redeem/rescue her - get her back (but still why's about his broken memory/-ies, the music in his head,? etc.... ?) ?  ?  

(inspirational/theme music playlist:  the power of love?)

Novel 3  -  The Road/Path to Hell... |the fall into darkness

starts with - jn is trying to rescue/save her back, by any means, seeking-searching, etc.
inflection point - deciding to seek a deal with the devil to save her (back)?
ends with - deal with the devil (jn in hell, face to face w lucifer satan, after l.s.'s many, many faces/masks-masques,disguises, etc. & j.n.'s long quest trip road to get there, etc....?  ?  ; a la/a bit like orpheus)

(playlist - inspirational/theme music - i would do anything for love(, but i won't do that)....?  ?)

Novel 4  -  The Dark Rise of Norrington (working title)