Book I (notes)

- right now, this is just a raw c&p from story notes - main; am working on developing it-

Book I

The Past & What Happened There (alive; but how? finding the answers - remembering his past, remembering her, & how she saved him)

**

book i: james finds out why/how he is still alive, the sea-lady who loves him & what she did to save him; via his past/history she tried & he goes thru, many other powers/beings, before getting to/going to the devil...

**

book 1 - past & how he got here, finding out about her/book

**

book 1 - past & how he got here, finding her, (& interleaved with devil? to some degree? fully? - so that he finds out about her, & makes the deal? @ the same time? different times, but told in parallel? or what..._?)

**

book 1 - past & how he got here, finding out about her, & SLIGHTLY interleaved-foreshadowed with the devil. end with him finding out about her, & that she saved him

**

Book 1: finding out what happened (resurrection/mystery), & childhood/history of peter norrington birth @ sea (mermaids? otohime & taro - style, maybe? as opposed to classical/european merpeople? atlantis? or what..._?)), were they far from england, or near? returned to england or where? japanese &/or conventional mer people found him? ithink i prefer conventional mer-persons, for her & her ppl. could easily work in the other undersea peoples/populations. were they far from home, or near? an army/mission?, england, seashore, school, childhood visit to the republic of venice, la serenissima; more school, navy. | her, forgetting, remembering (what abt his mother?) (father's mate?)

career rise & fall, including events from potc

his death

quest to find the answers; & finally finding them

her deal with the devil, to give him his life back (deal with who(m)? & the price, terms & conditions?)

(intercut elements - style note)

----

**

--STORY/PLOT OUTLINE: MAIN--

The Beginning: Hangover

-

James Norrington, sitting at a small table, held his head in his hands. he looked awful.

He should be dead,

&(/but) he wasn't.

& there was a song stuck in his head, & it would not go away

"somewhere, beyond the sea... "

(he was in) Tortuga,

some tavern.

he'd woken up on a beach, with no memory of how he'd gotten there;

& with that song in his head.

he'd wandered into the town,

& since then he had usually been either drunk or hungover.

often both.

right now, he had one hell of a headache;

& still that bloody-damned song would not go away.