tuesday

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

 “Tuesday, Wednesday

    break my heart”

 ❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Zara wasn't in school today, at least not for morning classes. I couldn't help worrying about her; no matter how much I didn't want to.

She came into school the period after lunch, it was the one period of classes we had together. Zara came in halfway through the period, looking like she just woke up. Her hair had hardly been brushed and it stood up in odd angles and covered the left side of her face. She had looked like she cried herself to sleep, which was highly unlikely.

She took her seat in class which happened to be a few seats down from mine, and hurriedly she took out her notebook, ripping out a sheet of paper and furiously writing down something, crumpling it up again and tapping the person next to her. They pass it to Luke, who reads it, furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Zara. She nodded and he too wrote something down on the paper, passing it back to Zara.

I was close enough to catch a glimpse of the paper, and I could make out the word - when? That was Luke's reply, I was sure of it. Zara scribbled down tomorrow, and handed it back to Luke. He didn't take the time to write down his reply, he just mouthed "are you sure?" across the room and Zara simply nodded her head, mouthing something to him that I couldn't make out.

Tomorrow, tomorrow was Wenesday, nothing special. But that's exactly what I said when Michael told me "Just wait until tomorrow," and Zara kissed me in the closet. So something was going to happen tomorrow, would Zara try to pull another stunt on me? Kiss me again, something along the lines of that? Because I never thought that the plotline of our love story would go quite like this.

Maybe this will become so well-known that it will have a name. Something like "Oh, she totally pulled a Zara on you." Not that I wanted something as weird and cruel as this to be named after her, but this whole thing was so strange and I was determinded to find out just what was going on. 

So I went up to Luke, since he was part of the note-passing scheme. 

"What is going on?" I asked, straightforward, no complications. He would be able to answer that, right?

But instead he stuttered a few times, muttered a couple curse words under his breathe, something about "damn Zara and damn this and damn that," and he walked off, more like ran off, giving me a small wave.

It felt like everybody was in on this but me. 

I was prepared though, for whatever was going to happen tomorrow. Whether it was another kiss or another confession of love or even a confession of hate; I was ready. 

Well, not entirely, but I told myself that. 

i already have wednesday and the epilogue for this written oh