Games

"It's been 3 days." I hiss angrily. "And...nothing. Not even a word and I swear I saw him do a good 360 at the end of the hall."

"Wait-"

"Even during class-"

"What are you-"

"And, at home." I continue. "It's like hell froze over and I'm stuck smack bang in the middle of it."

"Tessa!" Janna yells through the other side of the line, I shut the door to my locker and adjust my phone to my ear. I hear her breathing heavily on the other side.

"Yeah?" I ask softly. I look around the hallway as the other students stare at me weirdly, schools just finished and everyone is off to do whatever the hell they do on a Friday afternoon.

Janna sighs. "Can you stop blabbering and tell me from the beginning."

My eyebrows furrow and I lean against my locker. "I thought I did?"

"You thought wrong." Janna replies. "One moment I see your name pop up on my screen and before I could even say hello, you start rushing out words as if you're featured in Eminem's Rap god record."

"Sorry." I say shyly. "I'm just- I don't know what to do?"

"Alright." There's rumbling and yelling in the background, confirming that has she also just finished classes and is making her way down the hallway. Suddenly the loud noise is gone, indicating she's moved away from the chaos.

"So from what I've managed to pick out from all of that." Janna explains. "Is apparently a lot of swear words connected to Jae's name. So do you mind telling me again slowly this time?"

I huff. "Fine. I have this feeling he's ignoring me on purpose, like he's real subtle about it but even I know he's trying to avoid me."

I hear Janna snicker from the other side. "A little hypocritical of you don't you think?"

My ears perk up and I push against my locker, walking down the hall with my hand perched near my ear, and a shoulder bag strung around my free arm.

"That was one time." I scoff. "Besides it's not like it wasn't a whole 3 days."

I spot Brooklyn near the exit, talking to a bunch of other pretty models she acknowledges herself as. She sees me and waves me over, pointing to the phone in my hand. I use it as an excuse to not go over there, intervening with the Victoria's Secret super models.

"Yeah you're right." Janna states. "It wasn't 3 days, It was a whole damn week Tessa! It's not fun when the tables are turned is it."

I remove the phone from my ear, and glare at it laying in the palm of my hand. Janna might seem like the shy type, who's only intention is to hide away and not say a thing, but when she does she's brutally honest. That is why she's one of my best friends.

"I can practically hear your thoughts Tessa." Janna screams through the speaker. "Don't you hang up on me."

I smirk, placing it against my ear as I listen. "How'd you do that?"

"Well as soon as I picked up, you wouldn't stop talking." Janna explains. "Then all of a sudden you don't respond, so you had either thought of hanging up on me or glared at your phone waiting until it dissolved in thin air."

I nod. "Damn, you're good."

A classroom door opens, and I stop just in time for it not to smack me across the face. Students start to cross over as they leave the room, Carters tall figure comes walking out with the rest of them. Once he sees me, he waves and we start walking side by side towards the exit.