Hold The Line (Duck POV)

Now things were getting worse and more worse every day. As far I can see, I assume that it's not getting better.

Seeing Sonic undergoing surgery was really painful. His STD condition was getting slightly better since doctors had difficulty in removing the source of the disease.

I guess they were right.

So, in other terms, Commander Tower agreed to put Sonic in chemotherapy, even though Sonic's not diagnosed with cancer.

Sonic was going to die.

We can't save him.

But, as time goes by, some sort of anomaly of weird proportions then suddenly arrived into this world and began with thousands of crazed fangirls coming to storm in. Most of GUN had to use lethal force to hold them back with halfway success. We were trapped like rats in a cage.

Well, at least we weren't going to see... oh damn, there is!

A transmission told us about a demon leading a bunch of women, at least what was left of them. I think that that was Mira with a bunch of fairies, here to finish the job: get Sonic back.

Fortunately, they don't know where we are, but Mira's scouting in the air for any whereabouts of Sonic.

Damnation, this she-demon was going to be one unholy creature. One I've never faced before.

But at least things weren't getting from bad to more worse...

For now...

In the cafeteria, things were going nowhere and yet again, this was too disappointing. We were busy drinking coffee (though Alan had sparkling water and Leonardo drank beer made out of squigs) and was doing absolutely nothing while Leonardo was busy fixing his broken device and Remy was polishing his sword. Alan said slightly "Looks like there's nothing for us to do."

I agreed with Alan while Leonardo scoffed and Remy mumbled gibberish.

Likely.

5 hours later.

We heard that the execution of the traitor Agent Rouge was cancelled due to the fangirl invasion (supported by female and gay Mobians). Damn them.

Leonardo was busy finishing the repairs on his device strapped to his wrist while Remy slept in the table, exhausted.

Unusually, we are alone, nobody was with us and we heard thunder and raindrops from inside. It was getting darker, so Leonardo turned on the flashlight on his banner laid in his back for light.

Alan looked down, and was wondering how could they be alone. All the GUN personnel had either left or were sent to suppress the invasion, which wasn't working and was gaining soon to flood the streets of Station Square.

A drone flew to us and gave us a message "You four have been summoned by Commander Tower into his quarters." then it flew away.

What does that bastard have for us?

So we went there by the hour and saw the Commander looking displeased. His face looked groggy (judging by his bloodshot eyes and wrinkling cheeks) and was looking like he was going to collapse from exhaustion, but he didn't seem to be tired.

"Listen, I'm not sure if I have the situation under control. I need you both to get out and fight off those psychopaths killing and overrunning my men. You all are the hope I have."

Then he slumped and said "We have to hold them off to keep Sonic alive."

We noticed that the sun was coming up then we all nodded and left.