~Chapter 1~

A/N: Just in case you're not aware, this is a repost that was originally named "Study Break". I wrote this back a few years ago and recently unpublished it to fix Grell's pronouns. I think I got all of them but please let me know if I missed any.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"May I help you?"

"Yes, I would like to renew these please." Grell smiled sweetly as she handed her stack of Shakespeare books to the librarian, who raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"Sutcliff, you do realize you've had these books for two months now."

"Correct, but I've been renewing them each time the day before they're due. So you can't call me irresponsible on this one."

"Well, either way, you should really get to actually reading these and finishing them so that you can return them once and for all. Believe it or not, there are other students who would like to check these books out too."

Grell's sweet smile never left her face. She slowly flashed her shark-like teeth and laid her elbow on the table, resting her chin on her open hand. She looked the librarian in the eye.

"For your information, my dear, I read each one of these books every night, absorbed in the world of endless romance and rather sexy poetry. And as I recall, it's my right to renew these books as many times as I like. It's all in the student handbook. So unless you want to be fired from this petty job, then I would highly suggest that you keep your under-qualified mouth closed and bring yourself to cooperate. What do you say to that, hmm?"

Violated, the elderly woman tightened her jaw and narrowed her eyes. She sighed and began to scan the books before handing them back to Grell, who was standing there smiling in triumph.

"See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

"You know, back in my day, we were actually expected to OBEY and RESPECT our elders. Not mock them."

"And that is clearly not my problem." Grell waved it off. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." With that, Grell walked off with her books and began to head out of the library, where she found her boyfriend, Ronald Knox, standing by the entrance chugging down a bottle of Pepsi.

"Trouble with The Nutter again?" Ronald asked as he leaned against the wall casually. He took one final gulp of the carbonated liquid before tossing it to the closest trashcan. It made it inside on the first (and only) try.

Grell scoffed. "You can tell?"

"Oh yes, your face says it all. What did she do this time?"

"She tried to tamper with my student rights," Grell replied bitterly. "I mean, honestly! Who does that woman think she is?"

"She's nothing other than a planker that's dead from the neck up."

"Exactly what I was thinking. It must be awful for her spouse at home. Having her as a wife would constantly lower my risen knob."

"Therefore, I am hereby grateful to be with someone that constantly makes my ghost rise everyday." Ronald smirked.

Grell widened her eyes and blushed, clapping a hand to her mouth to stiffle a f giggle. "Ronald! Save the naughtiness for when we're alone! And I thought you didn't read Shakespeare."

"I only read those small little bits when I had to for school. The dirty jokes were the only reason I survived those sections. How do you even enjoy them? If I were you, I would look into more modern literature such as "Fifty Shades of Grey"."