~Chapter 5~

Grell didn't even need to look at the speaker to know that the voice belonged to her beloved friend, Undertaker, but she did anyway. The first thing she noticed was his flashing grin, his white teeth that could easily shine an entire room. His long, silver strands fell over his face and covered his own lime-green eyes. He wore his usual attire, a black cloak with a top hat. 

Despite his statement just now, he held a tall mug that was filled with ale. 

Witnessing the sudden appearance of Grell’s old friend made her forget about the events that happened just now with Ronald.

Grell's eyes widened. "Undertaker! What are you doing here!?"

"Weeeeeerrrllll…." Undertaker slurred. He may be someone who can usually hold down his drinks well. But Grell could already conclude that he had at least five or six of those ales. 

"No new guests came in terrdaaaayyy… I gerrt a bi' bored.. so I thought I came to see yerr… And get a lirrttle blathered of course!" As if it was the most hilarious joke in the universe, Undertaker repeatedly slammed the table with his fist as he cackled loudly. In between his guffaws, he would either wheeze, hiccup, or both. 

Grell watched in amusement as Undertaker leaned over until he had completely toppled over from his stool to the hard floor, where his seemingly endless laughter continued. She couldn't help but hold a smile of endearment, ignoring the strange stares from others in the building. This blitzed, giggling mess on the floor was the same man who she had turned to years back. He was the one she had confided in when she noticed she was feeling a certain way about her assigned gender that was frowned upon by her family. And he was the one who encouraged Grell to be the woman that she truly was.

When Undertaker finally calmed down enough, he clumsily pulled himself back onto his stool. When he sat down, he yelped a little when he found himself leaning back, but fortunately, he grabbed onto the table in front of him and balanced himself just in time. 

"Soooo…" Undertaker laid his elbow on the table and rested his cheek on his hand. It was at this angle that Grell had a clear sight of the saliva that oozed from the corners of Undertaker's mouth down to his chin.

"What have yer'been up to these days?" He drunkenly asked, leaning forward slightly. "Studies geriing well?" 

"All I can say is that you've shown on at a dreadful time." Grell sighed melancholically.

"Ooooh? Well what's been going on!? Do tell me!" In an instant, Grell found herself wide eyed and sitting straight up when Undertaker's face was merely inches away from hers. He was breathing as heavily in her face like a salivating dog awaiting a meat treat. Grell tried not to grimace when she could smell the alcohol in his breath. 

Grell opened her mouth to say something, but like a small child with an infinite amount of questions generating at the speed of light, Undertaker went on excitedly with his flashing grin.

"Did somethin' exciting happen!? Any tea you want ter' spill to me!?" He turned to the bartender and said, "Oi! Can we ge' a drink over here!?"

"I believe you've had enough, sir," the bored-looking bartender told Undertaker. He was busy cleaning a glass.

"Not for me! A drink for the lady here." Undertaker made a gentlemanly gesture towards Grell. "What drink would you like, Grelly?" 

"I will take a red wine," Grell said. "Whatever you have that is the strongest." 

When the bartender turned to go prepare her drink, Undertaker turned to Grell. "Don't worry, this is on me." When Grell smiled in gratitude, Undertaker brought both of his sleeve-covered hands to his face, concealing his mischievous smirk. "But you do owe me stories still." He snickered.