~Chapter 3~

"Sutcliff, wake up!"

Grell groaned. Not just from drowsiness, but from the massive headache she was having. She knew that she drank too much, and vowed to never do it again.

At least, that's what she always told herself every time she went anywhere involving alcohol. Grell slowly opened her heavy eyes and looked up to see William, who was fully dressed in school uniform, ready for the day.

"Water..." Grell begged in a raspy voice.

"Here." William handed the hungover redhead a bottle of water in which she gratefully took and watched as she gulped it up greedily. It wasn't unusual for Grell to have a hangover, therefore William was completely prepared.

"Thank you..." Grell said gratefully as she finished off the water and tossed the empty bottle to the side. William felt his eyebrow twitch. Littering was one of his pet peeves. Not because it was a danger to the planet, but because it was crucial for everything to be in its place. Trash belonged in the trash, not the floor.

"Mmm..." Was all William responded.

Grell forced herself upright and massaged at her temple. "What happened last night...?"

"Well, nothing out of the ordinary. You went out sober with that unruly significant other of yours and returned marinated in alcohol." William shrugged casually. "I suppose it wasn't so bad as you actually kept your stomach contents down unlike most drunks at night."

"Well if I came back here, then where's Ronald?" Grell widened her eyes as all the memories last night came back to her. She groaned and buried her face in her hands. "Will... did he dump me for another girl?"

"You did mention something about that last night, but how should I know? I wasn't the one out drinking irresponsibly. It was probably a dream or something. Now, are you going get ready or not?"

"Well what time is it?"

"Forty minutes before class. If I were you, I'd get out of bed if you don't want to be too late."

Forty minutes? At this rate, there was no way she was going to be ready by even an hour. There wasn't an ounce of energy in her body.

Grell shook her head. "I think I'll skip today."

William muttered something under his breath that sounded like, "Typical..." He cleared his throat and straighted out his tie. "Very well, I'll take my leave then. Good day." With that, he began to take his leave.

"Why are you leaving so early?" Grell asked.

William looked back at her over his shoulder. "The sooner I leave, the sooner I get to my studies, which means that I can graduate and no longer have to deal with tossers like yourself."

"Well at least I know how to have fun in life by living in the present," Grell mumbled. After recieving a venomous glare, she watched as William took his official leave, leaving Grell alone in the room. Grell sighed and laid her head back on her pillow. She closed her eyes and told herself she would only rest them until her headache went away, only to accidentally doze off.

Some time later, Grell woke up. She yawned.

"Did I really fall asleep?" She wondered to herself. "What time is it?" She looked at the clock and squinted. She had only been asleep for two hours. Those two hours made a difference. Her headache had improved significantly.

Grell would have gone back to sleep if it weren't for the fact that she was still wearing the same clothes from last night. They stuck to her skin from sweating so much and they reeked of booze and body odor.

She dragged her tired body out of bed and headed to the bathroom, where she showered and cleaned up. She was dressed in fresh clothes. As she combed her hair, her thoughts went back to last night.

"Was all that real?" She wondered. She hoped not. With how well things have been going between her and Ronald, this had to be a dream. But at the same time, they usually wake up in the same room whether it be in his dorm or at some motel stripped of clothing.

She needed answers.

Grell headed out of the dorm and walked out on campus. There was a lot of land. A whole forest surrounding the academy full of life in all shades of green. As Grell walked along, she breathed the fresh, nature scent and smiled to herself. She and Ronald always took walks here, hand in hand. In the night, after they've finished exploring the forest, they would find the most comfortable spot and lay on the grass, where they gazed at the star and made up their own theories on what's out there in the galaxy.

"How I hope this is all a misunderstanding... It would surely be a shame if something so great had to end." Grell sighed sadly.

Grell tried to keep depressing thoughts out of her head as she headed over to the usual hangout spot in the forest. Ronald rarely ever attended classes and normally waited there for Grell who also almost never went to her classes. Neither of them did their homework either.

As expected, Ronald was right at that spot. He was sitting on top of a boulder, holding an ice pack to his head.

"Grell, there you are! You're la-ow!" Ronald hissed and held the ice pack tighter to his head.

"You have a hangover too?"

"Yeah... how the hell do you function like this?"

"I simply slept in," Grell said with pride. "I'm surprised you haven't tried that method."

"I would have, but I was waiting for you."

"For me? Awww you're just too sweet, darling!" Grell smiled and took a seat next to Ronald on the boulder. Doubts from last night overcame him. If Ronald really did like another woman, why would he go through all this hassle waiting on her? Besides, Ronald was much too sweet to be unfaithful!

"Even with this hellish hangover, I managed to make time to grab some breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

Ronald nodded and reached over to grab a McDonalds bag. He handed it to Grell. "Here you go, milady."

"Oh darling, thank you! I'm starving!" Grell practically snatched the bag and opened it up. It was full of goodies. With her stomach screaming for food, she immediately began munching on a hashbrown. "Didn't you get anything for yourself?" He asked between bites.

"I already ate mine actually. I was hungry too." He laughed a little. "What happened last night, anyway? It was all a blur..."

"I don't know..." Grell responded. "But honey, I will tell you this..." She swallowed a mouthful of hashbrown. "I had the worst nightmare of all time. I dreamt that some whore was sitting on your lap and you were leaving me for her." She laughed. "Now I KNOW you'd never do such a thing, right?"

There was a pause. "She's not a whore, Grell..."

Grell had just been about to take a bite of eggs and sausage but stopped abruptly. Her appetite was gone. She stared at the blonde.

"Excuse me?"

Ronald put on an innocent smile. "Nothing! I didn't say anything, love."

"Liar!" Grell grabbed Ronald by the collar and brought him close to her face. She delivered an intense glare into his eyes, baring her razor-teeth. "You said that she wasn't a whore... you know exactly what I'm talking about so I wouldn't play dumb if I were you. You have five seconds to tell me if you want to keep your head intact, BOY!"

Ronald actually looked intimidated. He couldn't speak. He'd seen Grell act aggressively against other people who've wronged her but one's perspective is different when THEY aren't the ones being confronted. He sighed in submission, knowing it was too late to take back what he just said.

"Grell... there's something I need to tell you..."