Plans for Grimauld Place

Harry burst through the front door of Grimauld Place, setting off the horrible screeching of Mrs. Black's portrait. 

  "Shut up!" Sirius yelled, aiming his wand at the painting 

With a loud bang, the curtains around the portrait closed and the house was quiet. Harry watched Sirius as he moved down slowly the hall, he didn't seem happy. Harry knew he hated Grimauld Place and would give anything to leave. 

  "Sirius," Harry said quietly "We don't have to stay here anymore. You're innocent and everyone knows it. We can move anywhere you want." 

  "I'd love that, Harry," Sirius said "but it's safer here. Plus, this is Order Headquarters. Someone has to be here." 

  The pair walked into the basement kitchen and sat at the table. 

 "Then can we at least brighten it up?" Harry asked with a hint of mischief in his eyes "Make it more like a place two Gryffindores would live?" 

Sirius smiled widely, catching on to what Harry was suggesting. He started to look around the kitchen, excited about what they could do to his childhood home. 

"We can't use magic but, we can do it the muggle way." He thought "Go into muggle London, buy some paint, a few hammers." 

  "Absolutely." Sirius answered finally "We'll go down the road to that Muggle hardware store tomorrow and get some supplies. Maybe we can get Ron and Hermione involved to. Fred and George too." 

  "Brilliant!" Harry exclaimed 

  Sirius laughed and walked across the kitchen to the stove. 

 "What do you say to some supper?" He asked his Godson

  "Sure." Harry said, watching Sirius fumble with the pots and pans "Here, let me help." 

Harry walked over to him and took the medium sized pot from his hand and filled it with water.

 "Noodles." He said, pointing to the small container on the counter

 Sirius tossed them to him. Harry poured them into the pot and set it on the stove to boil. He spent an hour teaching Sirius how to make spaghetti. By the end of their meal, they were laughing and joking about everything from Peeves the poltergeist's antics to Snape's hair to the shape of Voldemort's nose. At one point, Harry fell out of his chair which threw Sirius into an even bigger fit of laughter.  It was midnight when Sirius finally looked at the clock. 

  "If we're going to work on the house tomorrow, we should probably get some sleep." He said 

 "What? Oh, yeah." Harry said "Good night Sirius." 

 "Good night." Sirius yawned