the feast.

Harry entered the great hall, giving Severus a nod as he passed the table. Snape nodded back before returning his attention to Professor Flitwick. His head snapped back to Harry quickly before continuing his conversation. He shook his head. Whether in disappointment or amusement Harry wasn't sure. He seemed in a particularly good mood this evening. Just as Harry reached his seat, Professor Dumbledore stood.

  "Good evening and welcome back." He began "I have been asked to inform you that all Weasley wizard wheezes products are banned at Hogwarts. A complete list of banned items can be seen in Mr. Filch's office. We also have two changes to the staff this year. Please Welcome Professor Horace Slughorn. Your new potions master. And Professor Snape will be filling the position of Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor."

Groans erupted from the students.

"He's gonna ruin it!" A fourth year Ravenclaw called out.

Harry suppressed a snicker.

"Now. Now. I'm sure Professor Snape will have quite a few interesting lessons this year." He assured "Now, enjoy!"

Dumbledore raised his arms and the tables filled with food. Ron rushed to grab food. Harry leaned back, watching his best friend stuff his face. He suddenly felt guilty. Harry knew Ron only ate this much at school because he had six siblings and came from a poor family. The Weasleys couldn't afford Ron's appetite and for the past five years they'd taken Harry in every summer. Ron looked up at him.

"You alright mate?" He asked

Harry nodded.

"Yeah. Just thinking." He shrugged. "What do you think your mum would like for Christmas? I want to get her something really nice. So I need to start thinking now."

Ron shrugged.

"She likes to cook." He said "Maybe a new cook book?"

Harry shook his head.

"Nah. That's not good enough. Not for Mrs. Weasley." He said "She's the mum I never had. We'll find something good before December though. We can pick it out together. From the both of us."

Ron smiles awkwardly, tossing Harry a bread roll.

"Eat. You're skin and bones."