The akward part pt.2

There was a pause of silence in which I could feel my heart drop to my feet. I didn't expect her to turn me down if she liked the kiss. I mean, I could understand if she didn't feel the same way about the kiss as I did. I was prepared for that. But she actually felt the same way as I did. She just didn't want to date me. No, she wasn't ready to date is what I kept telling myself. I finally came to a conclusion. If I really liked her and wanted to give it a chance. I should wait until she was ready. So that's exactly what I told her.
"What do you mean," she responded with a look of confusion.
"I mean I'll wait until you're ready. If that's ok with you."
"Well what if I'm not ready till years from now. Then what," she responded as if trying to test my loyalty or devotion. Which, not gonna lie, kinda turned me on.
"Then I won't ask you out till years from now," I said smiling and liking the game she was playing.
"Ok"
"Ok what"
"Ok. If you want to wait on me..... I'd like that."
"Ok," I said kinda slowly and smiling and looking in her eyes just admiring her beauty.

The rest of the day was a lot less awkward since we had talked. I felt so much better knowing that 1) Riele felt the same way about the kiss. And 2) Knowing that I might actually have a chance with her.
After I got off of work I went home. Most of the time I'd stay a little late and hangout in club soda or just talk but today I felt like going home. So I went home and lie on the bed for like a straight hour just thinking about Riele and our conversation and every time I did, I started blushing and smiling. This is the feeling I love about relationships. That new feeling when you just started talking. That feeling when everything's good and fresh and new. I missed that feeling.
That's the feeling I had when me and Isabela started dating. Wow. I was so busy with Riele that I had forgotten about Isabela. Not saying that I didn't want to. I had been thinking of Isabela for so long that I'm glad there's something else to think about for a change. I'm excited to start this new beginning in my life.

*****AUTHORS NOTE*****
Hey peeps. I hope you liked this chapter. I wrote it all in one day because it had been so long since the last chapter. Leave comments on what I should improve or on what you like. Don't forget to vote.

PS: I'll be publishing the next chapter very soon (like tomorrow) because I already have it written but need to add something to it.

Word count: 485🙊