ı 03 ı 1492

PART THREE: THE SEARCH

TIME seems to be non-existent as a vampire, like it doesn't even matter. The fact that Elijah and I have spent more than four hundred years on the run and it doesn't even phase me is slightly concerning. Each day we can feel Klaus getting closer and closer, gaining on our trail, but that only fuels the anger inside me, pushing myself further so I can agitate him more. He's no doubt had witches cast locating spells to track the whereabouts of the moonstone, in which we still hold in our possession.

The fact that it's been four hundred years means that I'm much more experienced in my skills and control of a vampire than I was when Elijah and I first embarked on this quest. I'm a lot stronger now, as apparently with age vampires grow stronger. That means Klaus is a lot stronger too, which should make for an interesting confrontation I smell in the near future.

The Original family has been split up, each of them taking sides. Rebekah has taken Klaus's side while Finn has taken ours. Kol seems to float around the middle a lot, joining whatever side serves him best at the moment. As of right now he's doing scouting for us, listening in on nearby towns and villages of where Klaus may be.

The thing with being immortal is that you witness the world change all round you. The human species has evolved dramatically, enhancing with architecture, technology and innovations that have increased the population dramatically. Villages have turned into cities, and there are more buildings in one village now than there were in the largest town when I was born. The only thing however, is that neither Elijah nor I have returned to Mystic Falls, frankly because we're afraid to.

For every year since leaving Lexi and Joel, Elijah and I made sure to visit them again to make sure they were doing okay in that little village. However, as it got more populated people began growing suspicious of them, specifically of how they weren't aging. For a while they had to change back and forth between villages over time to decrease the suspicion, and to remain safe. However more than fifty years ago when Elijah and I wandered back into the town they were last seen in, they had suddenly disappeared. All that remained was a messy hand written note from Joel saying that something had come up, and they had to go on the run. Joel wrote to me saying not to worry, but when your siblings run away out of fear for their lives, you can't help but worry.

I haven't seen them in over fifty years, and each day I think about them. I think about what could have possibly happened to them, or why they had to disappear. I don't think Klaus would be so low as to kill them permanently, but then again he did turn me into a vampire without asking. I find myself fearful of every corner I turn. Klaus is a dangerous man whether Elijah believes it or not. The way I see it, a man who is willing to do whatever just to satisfy himself is a dangerous man capable of doing anything and everything. I know that when it comes down to it, Klaus will do whatever it takes to have the moonstone in his possession.

Elijah and I compelled us a place to stay in a large town located a couple miles away from Mystic Falls in a small apartment on top of a small bar. With everything that's happened in my life so far, all the running and vengeance, I feel like a changed man, and I feel like my appearance has to change too. Already I'm 492 years old, and I still look the same as I did 472 years ago.